Default Hmmmm, tin based paint

On 16/06/2011 12:42 PM, Harryk wrote:
On 6/16/11 2:21 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 16/06/2011 6:44 AM, Harryk wrote:
On 6/16/11 8:03 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

On 14/06/2011 2:44 PM, Frogwatch wrote:
Got e-mail from the Bahamas yard asking if I want my boat bottom
painted so I asked em what kind of paint they use. They actually
still use the tributyl tin based paint that was so effective but was
outlawed in the USA. In the USA I think it can still be used on
Aluminum hulls but not on fiberglass or wood hulls. I never used it
but people say they got about 4 years of life out of it.

Why would they outlaw it?

Because it worked.

And once again, two right-wing morons, Canuck and BAR, demonstrate they
have no business being in a boating-related newsgroup.

Tributyltin or TBT has been shown to be extremely toxic to marine life,
especially marine mammals, and also resistant to natural degradation in
water.

TBT is under an international ban. You can read about that he

http://www.environmental-expert.com/...to-force-37295

There's lots on line about TBT, the harm it causes, and the reasons why
it is banned. Most boaters, hopefully, are also environmentalists, and
if they encounter a product that is banned, they would find out why
before going ahead and using it or approving its use on their boats.

But, then, Canuck and BAR are not boaters.

Bet you looked it up. Perhaps you and deplume have too much tributyltin
and explains why you both have gender an sexual issues.

D'oh. Even though I am an English major, I realized early on we lived in
a science-based world. As I have been a boater for many years, I am also
aware of boat bottom growth issues, the chemicals that help prevent such
growth, and the environmental regulations that have curtailed the use of
some formulations over the decades. I've been aware of problems related
to the use of TBT for some time, just as I have been aware of
environmental problems with lead sinkers and lead shot in shot shells.

You see, I'm not a pig conservatrasher...like you are.

Worried about you being exterminated?

--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.

On 6/16/11 8:03 AM, BAR wrote:
[...]

Go play with your fellow stupids...

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:01:57 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 16/06/2011 12:45 PM, wrote:

On 6/16/11 8:03 AM, BAR wrote:
[...]

Knuckles is the epitome of bottom growth!

I guess then you get a reprieve.

Sorry, no habla stupid.

http://www.environmental-expert.com/...tributyltin-en...

[...]

Liar. It is your benchmark.

In article , payer33859
@mypacks.net says...

On 6/16/11 8:03 AM, BAR wrote:
[...]

Go play in your own new fantastic group, asshat.

Pirates Have Tin Ears (or don't bring loudspeakers to a gunfight) Vic Smith General 2 December 9th 08 06:26 PM
Hmmmm Janet ASA 2 January 20th 06 09:22 PM
New Awlgrip water based interior paint Joe Bleau Boat Building 0 April 8th 05 03:42 AM
Tin Sound FOP NO98 General 7 June 2nd 04 04:42 AM
Shewin Williams Water based Marine Urthane Paint Earleybird47 Boat Building 0 February 3rd 04 11:01 PM