BoatBanter.com

-   -   Folbot air sponson replacement question. (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/13224-folbot-air-sponson-replacement-question.html)

bp July 25th 03 03:21 AM

Folbot air sponson replacement question.

A silly question for you. My Aleut air sponsons have both developed
leaks around the base of the tube containing the valve. How do I
thread a new tube into the kayak?

Peter July 25th 03 05:23 AM

bp wrote:

A silly question for you. My Aleut air sponsons have both developed
leaks around the base of the tube containing the valve. How do I
thread a new tube into the kayak?

The new sponson tube from Folbot will come with instructions. I found it
easiest to fold the end of the new sponson around a broomstick handle
(Folbot suggested using a longeron tube) and using that to push it into the
sleeve inside the hull. It only took a few minutes to install. If you're
the original owner you should be covered under Folbot's lifetime warranty.

George July 26th 03 12:25 AM

On 24 Jul 2003 19:21:58 -0700, (bp) wrote:

A silly question for you. My Aleut air sponsons have both developed
leaks around the base of the tube containing the valve. How do I
thread a new tube into the kayak?

Hello,
My brand new Yukon came with three holes in one of the sponsons.
I do not recommend using a longeron tube to shove the new tube into
the sleeve!

I inflated the repaired tube 80% and just slide it in, first one side
then the other, it was easy.

George

P.S.I repaired the tube with PVC pipe glue and a piece of old rubber I
had laying around.