BoatBanter.com

-   -   Yo Bert and other golfers... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/129610-yo-bert-other-golfers.html)

John H[_2_] April 22nd 11 06:12 PM

Yo Bert and other golfers...

....some important rule changes. I just got notified of these by a friend. Thought you may be
interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMaoEdvVY4

John H[_2_] April 23rd 11 01:24 PM

Yo Bert and other golfers...

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 00:40:45 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 13:12:14 -0400, John H
wrote:

...some important rule changes. I just got notified of these by a friend. Thought you may be
interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMaoEdvVY4

I have been using #1 and 3 right along but #2 has never been an issue.
I don't look for lost balls, life is too short.

I just tee another one up and go. They are 24 for $10 at the dollar
store.

Tee up another? You mean 'play a provisional'? Most of the time we 'pretend' the woods are a lateral
hazard and drop where it went in. (Actually, one of our group always seems to add about 50 yards to
that!)

I use these balls:

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/30...Double_15-Pack

Put a red mark in each eye. I'm not good enough to buy the expensive balls. I don't do much
'intentional' shot shaping. When my shot draws or fades, I'm usually saying, "Oh ****!"

Harryk April 23rd 11 01:33 PM

Yo Bert and other golfers...

wrote:

[...]

How many double packs do you go through in a round? :)

BAR[_2_] April 23rd 11 01:44 PM

Yo Bert and other golfers...

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:

[...]

We know you only ever needed one ball for your round of golf.

Harryk April 23rd 11 01:52 PM

Yo Bert and other golfers...

BAR wrote:
In articleAMidne65i6a4Wi_QnZ2dnUVZ_oqdnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:

[...]

That's correct...in the one round of real golf I played, I came in with
the same golf ball I went out with... :)

John H[_2_] April 23rd 11 02:14 PM

Yo Bert and other golfers...

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:44:21 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article , payer3389
says...

wrote:

[...]

Remember, Harry shot in the 70's when he played golf.

John H[_2_] April 24th 11 01:09 AM

Yo Bert and other golfers...

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 16:46:24 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

...some important rule changes. I just got notified of these by a friend. Thought you may be
interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMaoEdvVY4

I have been using #1 and 3 right along but #2 has never been an issue.
I don't look for lost balls, life is too short.

I just tee another one up and go. They are 24 for $10 at the dollar
store.

Tee up another? You mean 'play a provisional'? Most of the time we 'pretend' the woods are a lateral
hazard and drop where it went in. (Actually, one of our group always seems to add about 50 yards to
that!)

Nah I tee them all up, even in the sand. You can look like Tiger Woods
hitting a ball out of the trap off a tee.
I just tell the people to assess me the appropriate number of strokes
and move on.

I use these balls:

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/30...Double_15-Pack

Put a red mark in each eye. I'm not good enough to buy the expensive balls. I don't do much
'intentional' shot shaping. When my shot draws or fades, I'm usually saying, "Oh ****!"

I usually look for Pinnacles at the dollar store, not for any
particular reason, just because that is usually what I have.

Pinnacles are a nice looking ball, with a cute little alignment pattern. But, I like my Snake Eyes.