BoatBanter.com

-   -   CPR and First Aid (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/122339-cpr-first-aid.html)

[email protected] January 17th 11 02:12 AM

CPR and First Aid

How many of you have your CPR/FA training up to date?

I just signed up to renew mine... couple of weeks from now.

CPR - AED, adult, child, infant
Basic FA

If you haven't been to a class in a while, I highly recommend it. You
never know when you'll need it, esp. if you have grandkids, the child
section is really valuable.

Frogwatch[_2_] January 17th 11 04:16 AM

CPR and First Aid

On Jan 16, 9:12*pm, wrote:
How many of you have your CPR/FA training up to date?

I just signed up to renew mine... couple of weeks from now.

CPR - AED, adult, child, infant
Basic FA

If you haven't been to a class in a while, I highly recommend it. You
never know when you'll need it, esp. if you have grandkids, the child
section is really valuable.

Thx for the reminder, I need to do this.

[email protected] January 17th 11 05:48 AM

CPR and First Aid

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 20:16:15 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

On Jan 16, 9:12*pm, wrote:
How many of you have your CPR/FA training up to date?

I just signed up to renew mine... couple of weeks from now.

CPR - AED, adult, child, infant
Basic FA

If you haven't been to a class in a while, I highly recommend it. You
never know when you'll need it, esp. if you have grandkids, the child
section is really valuable.

Thx for the reminder, I need to do this.

Are you part of the DAN network? That's a valuable service for anyone
overseas.

[email protected] January 17th 11 06:46 PM

CPR and First Aid

wrote:

On Jan 16, 9:12*pm, wrote:
How many of you have your CPR/FA training up to date?

I just signed up to renew mine... couple of weeks from now.

CPR - AED, adult, child, infant
Basic FA

If you haven't been to a class in a while, I highly recommend it. You
never know when you'll need it, esp. if you have grandkids, the child
section is really valuable.

Thx for the reminder, I need to do this.

Are you part of the DAN network? That's a valuable service for anyone
overseas.

Yep, about time again... when I don't renew through the job, I use
DAN.

Another reminder.... for some of you, it might be time to renew your
membership in the drug consortium.....

Drug consortium? What's that?

bpuharic January 17th 11 11:00 PM

CPR and First Aid

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:12:28 -0800, wrote:

How many of you have your CPR/FA training up to date?

certified first responder, volunteer on ALS ambulance crew

I just signed up to renew mine... couple of weeks from now.

CPR - AED, adult, child, infant
Basic FA

If you haven't been to a class in a while, I highly recommend it. You
never know when you'll need it, esp. if you have grandkids, the child
section is really valuable

you bet. all it takes is once

[email protected] January 18th 11 12:28 AM

CPR and First Aid

wrote:

On Jan 16, 9:12*pm, wrote:
How many of you have your CPR/FA training up to date?

I just signed up to renew mine... couple of weeks from now.

CPR - AED, adult, child, infant
Basic FA

If you haven't been to a class in a while, I highly recommend it. You
never know when you'll need it, esp. if you have grandkids, the child
section is really valuable.

Thx for the reminder, I need to do this.

Are you part of the DAN network? That's a valuable service for anyone
overseas.

Yep, about time again... when I don't renew through the job, I use
DAN.

Another reminder.... for some of you, it might be time to renew your
membership in the drug consortium.....

Drug consortium? What's that?

Well, long story... from a regulatory standpoint as it gets really
*complicated*, but if you hold a Captains License and are self
employed, you have to have a third party manage your required random
drug screening... that's usually done through a Drug Testing
Consortium...

That goes for deck crew too.... that's where it gets weird...

Ah.. ok.

[email protected] January 18th 11 12:28 AM

CPR and First Aid

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:16:32 -0500, Gene
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:00:44 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:12:28 -0800, wrote:

How many of you have your CPR/FA training up to date?

certified first responder, volunteer on ALS ambulance crew

I just signed up to renew mine... couple of weeks from now.

CPR - AED, adult, child, infant
Basic FA

If you haven't been to a class in a while, I highly recommend it. You
never know when you'll need it, esp. if you have grandkids, the child
section is really valuable

you bet. all it takes is once

You know.... "certified first responder, volunteer on ALS ambulance
crew" or the like, is really what it takes to stay *really*
current....

That would be great, but that takes a pretty huge time commitment I'm
guessing.

[email protected] January 18th 11 03:01 AM

CPR and First Aid

wrote:

How many of you have your CPR/FA training up to date?

certified first responder, volunteer on ALS ambulance crew

I just signed up to renew mine... couple of weeks from now.

CPR - AED, adult, child, infant
Basic FA

If you haven't been to a class in a while, I highly recommend it. You
never know when you'll need it, esp. if you have grandkids, the child
section is really valuable

you bet. all it takes is once

You know.... "certified first responder, volunteer on ALS ambulance
crew" or the like, is really what it takes to stay *really*
current....

That would be great, but that takes a pretty huge time commitment I'm
guessing.

While subjective.... I think I'm coming down on your side.... maybe I
need to find some more time....

One thing that's really valuable to do is to volunteer to get CERT
training.

http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/

I've signed up, but it'll be a few months before the class starts.

bpuharic January 19th 11 01:06 AM

CPR and First Aid

wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:00:44 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:12:28 -0800, wrote:

How many of you have your CPR/FA training up to date?

certified first responder, volunteer on ALS ambulance crew

I just signed up to renew mine... couple of weeks from now.

CPR - AED, adult, child, infant
Basic FA

If you haven't been to a class in a while, I highly recommend it. You
never know when you'll need it, esp. if you have grandkids, the child
section is really valuable

you bet. all it takes is once

You know.... "certified first responder, volunteer on ALS ambulance
crew" or the like, is really what it takes to stay *really*
current....

get LOTS of practice!

bpuharic January 19th 11 01:06 AM

CPR and First Aid

wrote:

How many of you have your CPR/FA training up to date?

certified first responder, volunteer on ALS ambulance crew

I just signed up to renew mine... couple of weeks from now.

CPR - AED, adult, child, infant
Basic FA

If you haven't been to a class in a while, I highly recommend it. You
never know when you'll need it, esp. if you have grandkids, the child
section is really valuable

you bet. all it takes is once

You know.... "certified first responder, volunteer on ALS ambulance
crew" or the like, is really what it takes to stay *really*
current....

That would be great, but that takes a pretty huge time commitment I'm
guessing.

yeah. i usually volunteer 2 days/week....just signed up for an EMT
course