BoatBanter.com

-   -   Muds treatment of careenage area (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1187-muds-treatment-careenage-area.html)

ooxbow95 September 18th 03 01:56 PM

Muds treatment of careenage area

Hello,

I am now making a study about processes of muds treatment coming from
boats'careenage.
So, I hope you can help me.

I would like to know how the muds and wastewaters (coming from area of
careenage) are treated in the world (when the area is on land).
What are the different methods, process, technology to do the collect, the
stockage and the treatment of muds according to the marina, the country ?

Please, give me your remarks about it...

Of course, if you have other informations about muds treatment coming from
careenage area, you can send them to me too.

You can send me your remarks directly to the following email :

Best regards
Bruno

Chief3mfc September 18th 03 08:57 PM

Muds treatment of careenage area

WTF?

Paul September 18th 03 10:03 PM

Muds treatment of careenage area

my thoughts exactly.

"Chief3mfc" wrote in message
WTF?

LaBomba182 September 19th 03 12:47 AM

Muds treatment of careenage area

Subject: Muds treatment of careenage area
From: "Paul"

my thoughts exactly.

"Chief3mfc" wrote in message
WTF?

I believe is is asking how they treat the "mud" that gets cleaned out of a
large vessels bilge when it is hauled out. And/or when it's hull is cleaned and
painted. Careening is a term for hauling a vessel out.

Capt. Bill

jps September 19th 03 01:50 AM

"LaBomba182" wrote in message

I believe is is asking how they treat the "mud" that gets cleaned out of a
large vessels bilge when it is hauled out. And/or when it's hull is

cleaned and
painted. Careening is a term for hauling a vessel out.

Capt. Bill

Thank goodness. I thought he was talking about black water "mud." Yech.

ooxbow95 September 19th 03 08:58 AM

Muds treatment of careenage area

I try to give you more explanations.

When you careen a vessel on the land with a brush and a karcher for
example, you produce wastewater which contain solvant, antifouling,
metals...

This wastewater is very polluant for the marina sea.
So I would like to know if it exists systems to collect, treat this
wastewater before it flow in the sea or the river.
And where can we see examples of this systems which respect the
environment in the world ?

Best regards
Bruno

Chief3mfc September 19th 03 12:25 PM

Muds treatment of careenage area

Ahhhh... now I get it.
He wants to know about holding and treating waste water accumulated after
pressure washing the hull.
He was translating to English as opposed to American.

Paul September 19th 03 01:04 PM

Muds treatment of careenage area

Interesting, however I didn't realize that the water was washing off "bad"
stuff. Did you guys know this? Is it normal to have a capture system for the
runoff?

Jesus, is there anything I do that isn't trashing the environment?

LaBomba182 September 19th 03 03:37 PM

Muds treatment of careenage area

From: "Paul"

Interesting, however I didn't realize that the water was washing off "bad"
stuff.

Antifouling paint is poisonous after all.

Did you guys know this?

Yes.

Is it normal to have a capture system for the
runoff?

In some places it's mandatory.

Hell, in CA it's my understanding that the residue and scrapings from varnish
removal have to be collected and disposed of properly.

Capt. Bill

LaBomba182 September 19th 03 03:38 PM

Muds treatment of careenage area

So I would like to know if it exists systems to collect, treat this
wastewater before it flow in the sea or the river.

Yes, it's mandatory in many places.

And where can we see examples of this systems which respect the
environment in the world ?

Do a search for waste recovery systems in regard to shipyards.

Capt. Bill