BoatBanter.com

-   -   Old look for New Mercs - cool! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1175-old-look-new-mercs-cool.html)

Clams Canino September 17th 03 08:03 PM

Old look for New Mercs - cool!

Check this out:

http://www.mercurymarine.com/822665t...ion_200hp_efi2

Kinda funny as I have a *real* 1968 Tower of Power in the works as we speak.

Im many discussions when people say "do you like the red strip or the blue
stripe motors?" I always answer that the red striped "looked cooler" - I
guess someone at Mercury felt the same way. LOL

-W

CCred68046 September 17th 03 09:24 PM

Old look for New Mercs - cool!

Thanks Clams, that is decent!

Harry Krause September 17th 03 10:15 PM

Old look for New Mercs - cool!

Clams Canino wrote:

Check this out:

http://www.mercurymarine.com/822665t...ion_200hp_efi2

Kinda funny as I have a *real* 1968 Tower of Power in the works as we speak.

Im many discussions when people say "do you like the red strip or the blue
stripe motors?" I always answer that the red striped "looked cooler" - I
guess someone at Mercury felt the same way. LOL

-W

Wish they'd bring back a modern version of the Hurricane...

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Clams Canino September 18th 03 12:16 AM

Old look for New Mercs - cool!

Nothing wrong with that idea at all , except thatit's incomplete.......

You weld 2 hurricanes together and get a Thunderbolt.......

Then take 2 Thunderbolts, cut a cylinder off each one and discard - and weld
the remainder together.

THEN we're back in business............ :)

-W