BoatBanter.com

-   -   Great Lakes Carp (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/117063-great-lakes-carp.html)

Canuck57[_9_] August 8th 10 02:11 AM

Great Lakes Carp

I have told people for years, I have seen these in Port Washington as
early as 2002. Nobody listens...

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...socialcomments

"This past June, a bighead carp nearly a metre long was caught by
commercial fishermen in Lake Calumet in Illinois, beyond an electric
barrier system meant to bar the fish from Lake Michigan and the other
Great Lakes. Tests released in August suggest the six-year-old fish had
lived most of its life in Great Lakes waters."

My guess it was born in Lake Michigan.

--
Is government working for you, or are you working for the government?