BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT--new candidate (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1159-ot-new-candidate.html)

NOYB September 17th 03 05:59 AM

OT--new candidate

That'd be a helluva strategy to run on:
"Vote for Wesley Clark. He'll roll back the Bush tax cut and raise your
taxes."

Are you vying for Terry McAuliffe's job? 'Cause you're about as politically
astute as the moron that assuredly stated Jeb Bush was history in 2002...and
then won by 13 percentage points.

"jps" wrote in message
"WaIIy" wrote in message

LOL ! You guys are a riot.

You'll be giggling even more when we pull this out of google next winter.
That's the sort of giggle that precedes outright balling 'cause your guy

got
swamped and your taxes are goin' up!!!

NOYB September 17th 03 06:02 AM

OT--new candidate

"Mark Browne" wrote in message

Now, back to the issue at hand - you did not answer my question: What

sorts
of signs would you accept that things are not working out - at what point
would you make the call that it *is* time to cut and run?

I certainly *did* answer your question:

"We remain in our bases indefinitely to assure that no Baathists seize the
country via a coup. If the newly democratically-elected government feels
secure enough and asks us to leave, then we should consider leaving."

jps September 17th 03 06:11 AM

OT--new candidate

"NOYB" wrote in message
om...
That'd be a helluva strategy to run on:
"Vote for Wesley Clark. He'll roll back the Bush tax cut and raise your
taxes."

Are you vying for Terry McAuliffe's job? 'Cause you're about as

politically
astute as the moron that assuredly stated Jeb Bush was history in

2002...and
then won by 13 percentage points.

People are looking for the truth. They know they cannot and will not get it
from Bush.

Even if Clark says that he'll roll back tax cuts, he'll make it sound like
heaven in comparison to four more years of moronic moves by the buffoon in
office now.

Joe September 17th 03 06:20 AM

OT--new candidate

You righties are toast.

Because General Fruitcake is joining the race?

This joker almost started WWIII, and could have if not for a British
General.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/671495.stm

He has absolutely zero chance of beating Bush.

Toast.

I'm sure you thought your "espresso tax" would pass also.

NOYB September 17th 03 06:23 AM

OT--new candidate

"jps" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
om...

Clark is currently polling waaaaaay behind Bush, and the RNC hasn't even
begun to wail on the guy. They'll beat him to a pulp when the time
comes...if he can even win the nomination in the first place.

Duh. No one knows Clark yet. Give him a few weeks and the poll numbers
will be very different. Now go and do a little searching to find that

Clark
is the Bush Admin's worst nightmare.

Searching where? draftclark.com? democrat.com? Salon.com?

You go and do a little searching and show where Republicans have "already
said it themselves."

They've already said it themselves.

Bush can't use his war record against Clark.

Bush can use Clark's own flip-flops on what he would do in Iraq. I can show
you a January 2003 CNN piece where Clark said he "absolutely" could say
Saddam "does have WMD." I can show you an April 2003 piece in the London
Times where clark commended Bush and Blair's "resolve in the face of so much
doubt".

Mark my words:
Clark will be labelled as *indecisive* and a *waffler*. They'll point out
that the only time he takes decisive action is when he knows a war game
exercise is "fixed" to his benefit...or when he orders a NATO commander to
attack the Russians in Kosovo because his ego was bruised.

Despite his claims to the contrary, Wesley has been running for President
for awhile now...and saying things that will come back to haunt him.

Clark can crush Bush on his domestic failings.

Domestic failings? The economic recovery has been going since November
2001...and going strong for almost all of this year. GDP is poised to grow
at 4-6% this year alone. The unemployment rate has fallen for the last 2
months. The stock market has rebounded and is up almost 30% since it's
Sept. 2001 low. And there hasn't been a significant domestic terrorist
attack in more than 2 years since 9/11.

Bush can't be beat on the international front...and the domestic front is
shaping up in time to make the '04 a slaughter.

jps September 17th 03 06:36 AM

OT--new candidate

"Joe" wrote in message
You righties are toast.

Because General Fruitcake is joining the race?

This joker almost started WWIII, and could have if not for a British
General.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/671495.stm

He has absolutely zero chance of beating Bush.

Toast.

I'm sure you thought your "espresso tax" would pass also.

I voted against it. Although its proponents were well-intentioned, it was a
poor substitute for funding education properly.

Allow me to repeat myself:

"Toast"

Feel free to quote me.

NOYB September 17th 03 06:38 AM

OT--new candidate

"The guy is brilliant," said the general, who agreed to speak candidly about
Clark only if his name were not used. "He's very articulate, he's extremely
charming, he has the best strategic sense of anybody I have ever met. But
the simple fact is, a lot of people just don't trust his ability as a
commander.

Hmmmm. You want a Commander in Chief who "a lot of people don't trust...as a
commander"?

NOYB September 17th 03 06:40 AM

OT--new candidate

"There are an awful lot of people," added another retired four-star, who
also requested anonymity, "who believe Wes will tell anybody what they want
to hear and tell somebody the exact opposite five minutes later."

Remember my prediction:
*indecisive* and a *waffler*.

Joe September 17th 03 07:03 AM

OT--new candidate

"NOYB" wrote in message
om...
LOL. You'd think that jps had a boner for Clark. He mustn't have read

much
up on the guy. Wesley's sordid past is easy pickins'.

My father in-law knows Wesley very well.
On more than a few occasions he has stated that Colin Powell, and Wesley
Clark were two of the biggest assholes he has worked with.

I'm going to try and milk him for some info this weekend.

jps September 17th 03 07:05 AM

OT--new candidate

1 Attachment(s)

"NOYB" wrote in message
om...

Searching where? draftclark.com? democrat.com? Salon.com?

Republicans for Dean
By DAVID BROOKS

he results of the highly prestigious Poll of the Pollsters are in! I called
eight of the best G.O.P. pollsters and strategists and asked them, on a
not-for-attribution basis, if they thought Howard Dean would be easier to
beat than the other major Democratic presidential candidates. Here, and I'm
paraphrasing, are the results:

"Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!"

....major snip and skip right to the end of the article where David Brooks,
conservative editorialist says:

Which is why so many Republicans are quietly gleeful over Dean's continued
momentum. It is only the dark cloud of Wesley Clark, looming on the horizon,
that keeps their happiness from being complete.

You go and do a little searching and show where Republicans have "already
said it themselves."

Domestic failings? The economic recovery has been going since November
2001...and going strong for almost all of this year. GDP is poised to

grow
at 4-6% this year alone. The unemployment rate has fallen for the last 2
months. The stock market has rebounded and is up almost 30% since it's
Sept. 2001 low. And there hasn't been a significant domestic terrorist
attack in more than 2 years since 9/11.

Oh for God's sake!!! Everyone knows that Bush hasn't funded first
responders, left ports open, done a half assed job of federalizing the
airport security. His domestic agenda sucks -- it's quite obvious his tax
cuts for jobs was a ruse and contradicted by every respected economist in
the world.

Bush can't be beat on the international front...and the domestic front is
shaping up in time to make the '04 a slaughter.

God bless you've just fallen completely off the globe into some fantasy
world. Is this the same go-it-alone swashbuckler that decided we shouldn't
wait for the weapons inspectors to do their job, shirked Colin Powell's plea
for continued diplomacy and consensus building and rushed in to Iraq killing
thousands of innocents while costing America hundreds of its own kids --
only to find that all his administration's assumption were faulty or without
merit?

The same guy who's asking to spend another $87 billion while his
administration reserves the right to come back and ask for more?

Jesus Christ Almighty!!!!

Where are the jobs Bush promised from the three tax cuts he's gotten? Are
you going to try and tell me that we'd have lost more otherwise?
Poppycock!!!

I don't care whether you say you don't like that gas you have in your
office, you're either drinking heavily or there's a leak in one of the
fittings at the office.