BoatBanter.com

-   -   Trolling motor mount question (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/115849-trolling-motor-mount-question.html)

SteveB[_5_] June 14th 10 03:03 AM

Trolling motor mount question

I'm done with a month's work in Vegas, and will be heading home to Utah
Thursday. I'm going to mount the Motor Guide Brute on my 16' Lund aluminum
vee bow.

So that I get the angle right without having to make an adjustable mount,
how do I figure out just exactly how to mount the motor so that the shaft is
vertical? Or do I have to take the boat to the lake, launch it, and put a
degree finder on it to find out at what angle it sits in the water? Or can
I mount it parallel with the gunwhale so that when lowered it is
perpendicular?

Steve

Visit my site at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com