BoatBanter.com

-   -   Flooding in Nashville... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/115350-flooding-nashville.html)

Tim May 6th 10 07:54 PM

Flooding in Nashville...

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...tennessee.html

This is truely terrible. For the most part, I'm speechless over it.

Loogypicker[_2_] May 6th 10 08:07 PM

Flooding in Nashville...

On May 6, 2:54*pm, Tim wrote:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...tennessee.html

This is truely terrible. For the most part, I'm speechless over it.

A friend of mine that runs a structural testing agency just sent me a
bunch of pictures of the flooding that he took, it is amazing.

Wayne.B May 6th 10 10:54 PM

Flooding in Nashville...

On Thu, 6 May 2010 11:54:32 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...tennessee.html

This is truely terrible. For the most part, I'm speechless over it.

Yes, it is incredible the damage that can be caused by a few days of
concentrated rain fall. We spent a few days in downtown Nashville
last year, not too far from the river, and had a great time.

Tim May 6th 10 11:02 PM

Flooding in Nashville...

wrote:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...tennessee.html

This is truely terrible. For the most part, I'm speechless over it.

Yes, it is incredible the damage that can be caused by a few days of
concentrated rain fall. *We spent a few days in downtown Nashville
last year, not too far from the river, and had a great time. *

Wayne, I'm sure that most people do, that is, until this happened.

nom=de=plume[_2_] May 6th 10 11:16 PM

Flooding in Nashville...

"Tim" wrote in message
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...tennessee.html

This is truely terrible. For the most part, I'm speechless over it.

Whew...hard to look at. It reminds me of NOLA.

*e#c May 7th 10 06:36 PM

Flooding in Nashville...

On May 6, 2:54*pm, Tim wrote:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...tennessee.html

This is truely terrible. For the most part, I'm speechless over it.

The only lucky ones are the owners of small to mid-sized boats who had
them trailered in their laneways. At least they could hop in the Boat.

Loogypicker[_2_] May 8th 10 05:37 PM

Flooding in Nashville...

On May 7, 1:36*pm, "*e#c" wrote:
On May 6, 2:54*pm, Tim wrote:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...tennessee.html

This is truely terrible. For the most part, I'm speechless over it.

The only lucky ones are the owners of small to mid-sized boats who had
them trailered in their laneways. At least they could hop in the Boat.

That's stupid. Let me see, they lost there houses, all of their
contents, their cars, etc. but they are lucky?

YukonBound May 8th 10 06:00 PM

Flooding in Nashville...

"Loogypicker" wrote in message
On May 7, 1:36 pm, "*e#c" wrote:
On May 6, 2:54 pm, Tim wrote:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...tennessee.html

This is truely terrible. For the most part, I'm speechless over it.

The only lucky ones are the owners of small to mid-sized boats who had
them trailered in their laneways. At least they could hop in the Boat.

That's stupid. Let me see, *they lost there houses*, all of their
contents, their cars, etc. but they are lucky?

"they lost there houses" did they?
~~ Snerk ~~

*e#c May 8th 10 08:39 PM

Flooding in Nashville...

On May 8, 12:37*pm, Loogypicker wrote:
On May 7, 1:36*pm, "*e#c" wrote:

On May 6, 2:54*pm, Tim wrote:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...tennessee.html

This is truely terrible. For the most part, I'm speechless over it.

The only lucky ones are the owners of small to mid-sized boats who had
them trailered in their laneways. At least they could hop in the Boat.

That's stupid. Let me see, they lost there houses, all of their
contents, their cars, etc. but they are lucky?

Yes...lucky they weren't drowned. You didnt get that, did you "Counter
Man".