BoatBanter.com

-   -   Questions on UV curing polyester resins. (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/114160-questions-uv-curing-polyester-resins.html)

Fred the Red Shirt February 28th 10 03:45 AM

Questions on UV curing polyester resins.

Two questions for people with knowledge or experience with the UV
curing polyester resins:

1) Are they (any of them) compatible with polystyrene foam?

2) Once the UV light has initiated the polymerization, will it spread
through the
layup even into places where the light did not penetrate? I'm
thinking, for instance
about the underside of carbon fiber cloth.

Thanks.

mmc March 1st 10 11:57 PM

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
Two questions for people with knowledge or experience with the UV
curing polyester resins:

1) Are they (any of them) compatible with polystyrene foam?

2) Once the UV light has initiated the polymerization, will it spread
through the
layup even into places where the light did not penetrate? I'm
thinking, for instance
about the underside of carbon fiber cloth.

Thanks.

Might post this on boats.building.