BoatBanter.com

-   -   Thompson Boats....Any Good??? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1141-re-thompson-boats-any-good.html)

Steve Helling September 15th 03 10:43 PM

Thompson Boats....Any Good???

I am also considering the purchase of a Thompson boat, specifically, a 1990
Adventurer 288 (29' fiberglass twin inboard). If anyone has any experience
with or has owned this model (1988-1991), I would appreciate any information
you can share.

Thanks,
Steve

"Jim Kelly" wrote in message
Thompson's do not have a good reputation. You might wish to read Pascoe's

report,
for what it's worth.

X Eye Spy wrote:

I'm thinking about buying a Thompson boat, either a 24 to 26 Fisherman

or a
1993 26' Carrara that I'm looking at right now.

Has ayone heard of problems with Thompsom boats concerning the quality

and
structural safety?

I've read some articles about how Thompson boats were poorly made and

that they
had problems with the transoms cracking and certain models that nose

dived
(submarined) into waves instead of riding on top of them. Any input

would be
greatly appreciated