BoatBanter.com

-   -   For gfretwell: Tent Camping in St John (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/112211-gfretwell-tent-camping-st-john.html)

Wayne.B December 10th 09 02:59 PM

For gfretwell: Tent Camping in St John

http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/travel/06explorer.html?em

My brother and his family did this many years ago, said they had a
good time.

Wayne.B December 10th 09 04:20 PM

For gfretwell: Tent Camping in St John

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:13:46 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:59:43 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/travel/06explorer.html?em

My brother and his family did this many years ago, said they had a
good time.

We are not really campers. My wife likes the Hyatt

Mine too but I thought you had expressed an interest at one time or
another and just happened to see the NYTs article this morning.

Don White December 10th 09 06:42 PM

For gfretwell: Tent Camping in St John

wrote in message

wrote:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/travel/06explorer.html?em

My brother and his family did this many years ago, said they had a
good time.

We are not really campers. My wife likes the Hyatt

Mine too but I thought you had expressed an interest at one time or
another and just happened to see the NYTs article this morning.

We were really looking more at being on a nice sail boat and staying
at nice places ashore but that money thing raised it's ugly head ;-)

My buddy tells me things are still very slow over on the Brit side of the
Virgin Islands.
Rent a sailboat and sleep on it for the week or so. They'd love to see you.

Bill McKee December 10th 09 06:51 PM

wrote:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/travel/06explorer.html?em

My brother and his family did this many years ago, said they had a
good time.

We are not really campers. My wife likes the Hyatt

Mine too but I thought you had expressed an interest at one time or
another and just happened to see the NYTs article this morning.

We were really looking more at being on a nice sail boat and staying
at nice places ashore but that money thing raised it's ugly head ;-)

My buddy tells me things are still very slow over on the Brit side of the
Virgin Islands.
Rent a sailboat and sleep on it for the week or so. They'd love to see
you.

Last I looked at renting a decent size boat in the Caribbean, I could stay
at the Hyatt cheaper.

Wayne.B December 10th 09 11:07 PM

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:30:36 -0500, wrote:

We were really looking more at being on a nice sail boat and staying
at nice places ashore but that money thing raised it's ugly head ;-)

Do you have any offshore sailing/boating experience? We're taking our
trawler down to the islands early next year.