BoatBanter.com

-   -   "I'm dying.... I'm dying.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/112062-im-dying-im-dying.html)

jps December 1st 09 11:15 PM

"I'm dying.... I'm dying....

More defections from the party in decline...

Founder of the blog Little Green Footballs, Charles Johnson has seen
the light and decided he can no longer support the right wing of his
party and makes no bones about why:

1. Support for fascists, both in America (see: Pat Buchanan, Robert
Stacy McCain, etc.) and in Europe (see: Vlaams Belang, BNP, SIOE, Pat
Buchanan, etc.)

2. Support for bigotry, hatred, and white supremacism (see: Pat
Buchanan, Ann Coulter, Robert Stacy McCain, Lew Rockwell, etc.)

3. Support for throwing women back into the Dark Ages, and general
religious fanaticism (see: Operation Rescue, anti-abortion groups,
James Dobson, Pat Robertson, Tony Perkins, the entire religious right,
etc.)

4. Support for anti-science bad craziness (see: creationism, climate
change denialism, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, James Inhofe, etc.)
Read on...

Conservatives like Kathleen Parker and Christopher Buckley found out
that leaving the GOP fight club isn't easy -- and Johnson will
undoubtedly suffer the same fate. Johnson is taking major heat for his
defection, which comes as no surprise, and comments like these at
Politico merely prove his point.

I don't expect to see Charles Johnson showing up with Code Pink at any
war protests any time soon, but this post covers much of what C&L and
other progressive blogs have been saying about the GOP for some time
now. It is a dying party that has been taken over by religious
extremists, bigots, conspiracy theorists and worse.

Johnson's observations about his party mirror those of my conservative
friends and family...well, most of them. They wonder what happened to
their party and where they belong in the political spectrum.

I agree with Nicole Belle who wrote backstage - "I don't want him on
the left. But it's nice to see someone on the right injecting a little
sanity into the discussion."

Links available he
http://crooksandliars.com/logan-murp...harles-johnson