BoatBanter.com

-   -   Amazing Space Shuttle footage!! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/111962-amazing-space-shuttle-footage.html)

Jack[_3_] November 27th 09 03:29 AM

Amazing Space Shuttle footage!!

Some very unique and seldom-seen perspectives of a launch.

http://exposureroom.com/members/mint...1d3c04c9008d7/

Vic Smith November 27th 09 05:23 PM

Amazing Space Shuttle footage!!

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 19:29:21 -0800 (PST), Jack
wrote:

Some very unique and seldom-seen perspectives of a launch.

http://exposureroom.com/members/mint...1d3c04c9008d7/

Thanks. Awe-inspiring. My yearly chills quota in ten minutes.
Wonder what's going to happen with the space program.
It'd be a shame to stand still.
I remember watching the first shuttle launch and thinking "This thing
won't fly." Those astronauts really have the right stuff.
There should be a national day of appreciation for them. The living
and the dead.
Maybe even make it a holiday. Wouldn't bother me.

--Vic

TheRealSteve November 29th 09 01:03 PM

wrote:

Some very unique and seldom-seen perspectives of a launch.

http://exposureroom.com/members/mint...1d3c04c9008d7/

I just witnessed my first space shuttle landing. Not quite as
thrilling as a launch but still something fun to see. It all happened
so fast. I get off the cruise ship in Port Canaveral, Fl and start
driving home. I see thousands of cars/people lined up along the road
and then hear the double crack of the lander breaking the sound
barrier. I pull off the road just in time to see it fly in for a
landing at Kennedy space center. And that was it. Not even enough
time to get out the camera.

Steve