Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Rob Malkin

Default NiMH batteries in a portable VHF?

Hello all:

I have a Standard Horizon HX260S hand-held VHF marine radio which, along
with a supplied NiCad battery pack, can take 6 AA batteries. The NiCad
battery pack takes 15 hours to re-charge. I would like to use 6 AA
rechargeable NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries instead of the regular AA
batteries but my owner's manual says it's 'not recommended'. I couldn't find
anything at their website explaining this further. Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance.

- Rob Malkin