BoatBanter.com

-   -   Suck it Gaia.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/108063-suck-gaia.html)

Guru of Woodstock July 21st 09 12:42 PM

Suck it Gaia....

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...oundswell.html

H the K July 21st 09 12:46 PM

Suck it Gaia....

Guru of Woodstock wrote:
http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...oundswell.html

Part of your spread the stupid campaign?

--
A wise Latina makes better decisions than a dumb elephant.

NotNow[_2_] July 21st 09 06:30 PM

Suck it Gaia....

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:42:01 -0400, Guru of Woodstock penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...oundswell.html

Jeeze, I had a 1970 Duster 340 that sounded just like that.... I had
50's on the back with posi.

Metallic blue, white interior, and white vinyl top! Damn, I miss that
car.....

Ah, the good old days! I had a Mustang with M-50's on the back! Shackles
to get the body up high enough.

H the K July 21st 09 07:23 PM

Suck it Gaia....

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:06:00 -0400, Gene Kearns penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:42:01 -0400, Guru of Woodstock penned the
|following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:
|
||http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...oundswell.html
|
|Jeeze, I had a 1970 Duster 340 that sounded just like that.... I had
|50's on the back with posi.
|
|Metallic blue, white interior, and white vinyl top! Damn, I miss that
|car.....

Actually, I meant F50-14 tires..... and I think I had CherryBomb
glasspacks.....

Gee, I had a glasspack on my AeroWillys. Made that mighty engine
sound...louder.

Looked like this:

http://tinyurl.com/ngfv4w

Snappy, eh? Mine was tangerine and cream colored.

The next year, my dad and I rebuilt a jeepster, a '48 or '49. When we
finished, it looked a lot better than this example:

http://tinyurl.com/ldq5ea

What a fun car that was, and discriminating young ladies far preferred
to the latest Chevy Impalas some others were driving.

--
A wise Latina makes better decisions than a dumb elephant.

Captain Yogi of Woodstock July 21st 09 11:12 PM

Suck it Gaia....

wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:42:01 -0400, Guru of Woodstock penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...oundswell.html

Jeeze, I had a 1970 Duster 340 that sounded just like that.... I had
50's on the back with posi.

You meant F50s probably 14s - right?

Those Dusters where very quick to boot - in particular with the 3:92
rear end.

Metallic blue, white interior, and white vinyl top! Damn, I miss that
car.....

Never owned one, but I always thought they were the coolest looking
MOPAR muscle.

Lil' John July 21st 09 11:13 PM

Suck it Gaia....

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:23:23 -0400, H the K
wrote:

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:06:00 -0400, Gene Kearns penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:42:01 -0400, Guru of Woodstock penned the
|following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:
|
||http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...oundswell.html
|
|Jeeze, I had a 1970 Duster 340 that sounded just like that.... I had
|50's on the back with posi.
|
|Metallic blue, white interior, and white vinyl top! Damn, I miss that
|car.....

Actually, I meant F50-14 tires..... and I think I had CherryBomb
glasspacks.....

Gee, I had a glasspack on my AeroWillys. Made that mighty engine
sound...louder.

Looked like this:

http://tinyurl.com/ngfv4w

Snappy, eh? Mine was tangerine and cream colored.

The next year, my dad and I rebuilt a jeepster, a '48 or '49. When we
finished, it looked a lot better than this example:

http://tinyurl.com/ldq5ea

What a fun car that was, and discriminating young ladies far preferred
to the latest Chevy Impalas some others were driving.

Harry, I am continually astonished at how much better than everyone
else you really are.

That's my monthly comment to you.
--

John H

BAR[_2_] July 25th 09 04:24 PM

Suck it Gaia....

NotNow wrote:
Gene Kearns wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:42:01 -0400, Guru of Woodstock penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...oundswell.html

Jeeze, I had a 1970 Duster 340 that sounded just like that.... I had
50's on the back with posi.

Metallic blue, white interior, and white vinyl top! Damn, I miss that
car.....

Ah, the good old days! I had a Mustang with M-50's on the back! Shackles
to get the body up high enough.

I had a '27 Mustang with with 70's on the back that I tried to drive in
the snow one time, big mistake. I couldn't make it up a 2% grade.

NotNow[_3_] July 25th 09 04:55 PM

Suck it Gaia....

BAR wrote:
NotNow wrote:
Gene Kearns wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:42:01 -0400, Guru of Woodstock penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...oundswell.html

Jeeze, I had a 1970 Duster 340 that sounded just like that.... I had
50's on the back with posi.

Metallic blue, white interior, and white vinyl top! Damn, I miss that
car.....

Ah, the good old days! I had a Mustang with M-50's on the back!
Shackles to get the body up high enough.

I had a '27 Mustang with with 70's on the back that I tried to drive in
the snow one time, big mistake. I couldn't make it up a 2% grade.

The old Mustangs were pure hell in snow anyway!