BoatBanter.com

-   -   Good news story (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/107560-good-news-story.html)

Don White July 4th 09 02:31 PM

Good news story

Our sensible Yankee cousins down in Maine know a good boat when they see
one.
Alert readers here might remember the fiasco last year when Halifax brought
in a fireboat all the way from California and it flipped over on its first
test run. All the time we had the required capacity in our own back yard.
I'm thinking our Fire Dept senior guys had a little too much California wine
when they chose last year.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/NovaScotia/1130587.html

Loogypicker[_2_] July 4th 09 02:43 PM

Good news story

On Jul 4, 9:31*am, "Don White" wrote:
Our sensible Yankee cousins down in Maine know a good boat when they see
one.
Alert readers here might remember the fiasco last year when Halifax brought
in a fireboat all the way from California and it flipped over on its first
test run. All the time we had the required capacity in our own back yard.
I'm thinking our Fire Dept senior guys had a little too much California wine
when they chose last year.http://thechronicleherald.ca/NovaScotia/1130587..html

Is that anything like the one that allegedly gave a fireboat welcome
to Harry's father in NYC?