BoatBanter.com

-   -   Prop Size 1990 Bayliner 22.55 Ciera Sunbridge (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1071-re-prop-size-1990-bayliner-22-55-ciera-sunbridge.html)

J K September 11th 03 03:14 AM

Prop Size 1990 Bayliner 22.55 Ciera Sunbridge

I have a Searay Sundancer 22 ft. wi Mercruiser 260 (5.7 L).
Two props
1. 16" 13 pitch gets the boat up on a plane very quickly, but
at wide open throttle (wot) motors turns a little faster than
max listed in owners manual. Cruises (minimum RPM to maintain
boat on a plane) at about 3300 rpm. This is the prop I use when
taking the grandkids skiing.

2. 16" 15 pitch - boat is sluggish getting up on a plane, but
motor turns a little slower at wot and cruises at about 3100
rpm. This is the prop I like to use coastal cruising.

J K

Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a prop size for my
1990 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge. Its equipped with a 4.4 litre
(175hp) Mercruiser Alpha One Motor. I did have (sill have) a
16" prop for it

Joe September 15th 03 10:32 PM

J K wrote in message .201...
I have a Searay Sundancer 22 ft. wi Mercruiser 260 (5.7 L).
Two props
1. 16" 13 pitch gets the boat up on a plane very quickly, but
at wide open throttle (wot) motors turns a little faster than
max listed in owners manual. Cruises (minimum RPM to maintain
boat on a plane) at about 3300 rpm. This is the prop I use when
taking the grandkids skiing.

2. 16" 15 pitch - boat is sluggish getting up on a plane, but
motor turns a little slower at wot and cruises at about 3100
rpm. This is the prop I like to use coastal cruising.

J K

Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a prop size for my
1990 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge. Its equipped with a 4.4 litre
(175hp) Mercruiser Alpha One Motor. I did have (sill have) a
16" prop for it

Thanks for the reply much appreciated..