BoatBanter.com

-   -   Another Class Act Passes on the GOP (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/104681-another-class-act-passes-gop.html)

HK May 7th 09 06:41 PM

Another Class Act Passes on the GOP

From Tom Ridge, who some in the GOP have been pumping up as a strong
candidate to take on Arlen Specter in the 2010 U.S. Senate race in
Pennsylvania:

"After careful consideration and many conversations with friends and
family and the leadership of my party, I have decided not to seek the
Republican nomination for Senate," Ridge said.

Ridge, a political moderate by today's standards, might have knocked off
Specter. But the right-wing nutzis in the GOP prefer Pat Toomey. Specter
will wipe the floor with Toomey, who is too much the right-winger for
Pennsylvania voters.