BoatBanter.com

-   -   I shoulda gone sailin (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/103747-i-shoulda-gone-sailin.html)

Frogwatch[_2_] March 31st 09 07:35 PM

I shoulda gone sailin

With my Keys trip cancelled, I decided to come into work and do a
couple experiments I'd been putting off. MY GOD, I just did $10,000
of damage to something by not paying attention. I am going home.

John H[_2_] March 31st 09 08:23 PM

I shoulda gone sailin

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:35:41 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

With my Keys trip cancelled, I decided to come into work and do a
couple experiments I'd been putting off. MY GOD, I just did $10,000
of damage to something by not paying attention. I am going home.

Sorry about that. Bad news is bad news.
--
John H

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

Frogwatch April 1st 09 12:19 AM

I shoulda gone sailin

wrote:
With my Keys trip cancelled, I decided to come into work and do a
couple experiments I'd been putting off. MY GOD, I just did $10,000
of damage to something by not paying attention. I am going home.

Sorry about that. Bad news is bad news.
--
John H

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

I have done some stupid things before and this one makes it into the
Top 10 for me. I knocked the end cap off an x-ray detector by hitting
it with the door of an electron microscope. We know the cost to fix
these because we have another that has been boxed up since November
waiting till I can find $9000 to fix it (we got the estimate). On the
plus side, it is better that it happens to me than to happen to a
customer. This is an experimental product and we have not sold any
yet. Re-design time I think.

[email protected] April 1st 09 01:32 PM

I shoulda gone sailin

wrote:
[...]

Harry claims to have a mechanical engineering degree, I'm sure he's
full of great ideas for you!