BoatBanter.com

-   -   Aluminum revitalizing (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/103371-aluminum-revitalizing.html)

SteveB[_2_] March 16th 09 04:08 AM

Aluminum revitalizing

The aluminum on my Lund is kind of pale. What do I use to clean it up
without using a lot of elbow grease? I have high speed grinders, but I
don't think they come with a buffer wheel, and I am not sure if I can
rheostat them down in RPMs. I do have drills that I can get a buffer wheel
for.

Steve

CalifBill March 16th 09 05:21 AM

Aluminum revitalizing

"SteveB" wrote in message
The aluminum on my Lund is kind of pale. What do I use to clean it up
without using a lot of elbow grease? I have high speed grinders, but I
don't think they come with a buffer wheel, and I am not sure if I can
rheostat them down in RPMs. I do have drills that I can get a buffer
wheel for.

Steve

You can use Shark Hide if you want a really shined boat, but the dull is the
oxide that forms to protect the aluminim.

SteveB[_2_] March 16th 09 12:59 PM

Aluminum revitalizing

"CalifBill" wrote in message
m...

"SteveB" wrote in message
The aluminum on my Lund is kind of pale. What do I use to clean it up
without using a lot of elbow grease? I have high speed grinders, but I
don't think they come with a buffer wheel, and I am not sure if I can
rheostat them down in RPMs. I do have drills that I can get a buffer
wheel for.

Steve

You can use Shark Hide if you want a really shined boat, but the dull is
the oxide that forms to protect the aluminim.

I was wondering if I DID take the time to shine it up if I would have to
clear coat it, or then take time consuming measures after that to keep it
looking nice.

Steve

Don White March 16th 09 04:54 PM

Aluminum revitalizing

"SteveB" wrote in message
The aluminum on my Lund is kind of pale. What do I use to clean it up
without using a lot of elbow grease? I have high speed grinders, but I
don't think they come with a buffer wheel, and I am not sure if I can
rheostat them down in RPMs. I do have drills that I can get a buffer
wheel for.

Steve

These people are always sending me info e-mails about this stuff.
Haven't tried it yet.
http://www.auroramarine.com/aurora/catalog/01260/