BoatBanter.com

-   -   Strange but .... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/102604-strange-but.html)

GC Boater February 14th 09 07:01 AM

Strange but ....

Strange, but -- a'hem, maybe not quite so ... true?

"Have you ever sailed from San Francisco to Hawaii? I have.
Have you ever rounded Cape Horn? I have, twice.
Have you ever transited the Panama Canal? I have.
Have you owned more than 20 boats in your lifetime? I have.
Have you ever sailed large boats competitively? I have.
Have you ever been hundreds of miles from land in a powerboat
under your command? I have."

[email protected] February 14th 09 02:02 PM

Strange but ....

On Feb 14, 2:01*am, GC Boater wrote:
Strange, but -- a'hem, maybe not quite so ... true?

"Have you ever sailed from San Francisco to Hawaii? I have.
Have you ever rounded Cape Horn? I have, twice.
Have you ever transited the Panama Canal? I have.
Have you owned more than 20 boats in your lifetime? I have.
Have you ever sailed large boats competitively? I have.
Have you ever been hundreds of miles from land in a powerboat
under your command? I have."

You're forgetting a few! Like the infamous trans-Atlantic trip in a
runabout that his father took, and the ensuing "fireboat welcome" in
NYC!

GC Boater February 14th 09 02:19 PM

Strange but ....

On Feb 14, 8:02*am, wrote:
On Feb 14, 2:01*am, GC Boater wrote:

Strange, but -- a'hem, maybe not quite so ... true?

"Have you ever sailed from San Francisco to Hawaii? I have.
Have you ever rounded Cape Horn? I have, twice.
Have you ever transited the Panama Canal? I have.
Have you owned more than 20 boats in your lifetime? I have.
Have you ever sailed large boats competitively? I have.
Have you ever been hundreds of miles from land in a powerboat
under your command? I have."

You're forgetting a few! Like the infamous trans-Atlantic trip in a
runabout that his father took, and the ensuing "fireboat welcome" in
NYC!

Here it as told, word for word, by the dutiful son:

"My father and his chief mechanic once crossed the Atlantic in
winter in a 22' boat powered by twin outboards. Yes, it is possible,
even the
fuel. Got a "fireboat" welcome in NYC."

Richard Casady February 14th 09 07:01 PM

Strange but ....

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 09:05:38 -0500, wrote:

You're forgetting a few! Like the infamous trans-Atlantic trip in a
runabout that his father took, and the ensuing "fireboat welcome" in

I was more impressed by the runabout to Hawaii, that actually
happened. A twenties cat with a pair of 28 hp diesel outboards. I
think they changed props twice, as the fuel burned off. Didn't his dad
fly a light plane around the world nonstop? No that was Rutan.

Casady

GC Boater February 14th 09 07:49 PM

Strange but ....

On Feb 14, 1:01*pm, (Richard Casady)
wrote:
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 09:05:38 -0500, wrote:
You're forgetting a few! Like the infamous trans-Atlantic trip in a
runabout that his father took, and the ensuing "fireboat welcome" in

I was more impressed by the runabout to Hawaii, that actually
happened. A twenties cat with a pair of 28 hp diesel outboards. I
think they changed props twice, as the fuel burned off. Didn't his dad
fly a light plane around the world nonstop? No that was Rutan.

Casady

Harry was the "unnamed astronaut" in the capsule with Neil Armstrong.
Amazing guy, that Krause!