BoatBanter.com

-   -   Why didn't the Palin family... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/101180-why-didnt-palin-family.html)

John H.[_8_] January 4th 09 09:25 PM

Why didn't the Palin family...

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 18:36:25 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 12:42:46 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

People like Reggie and a few others here are scared to death that if
they behaved the way they do here and posted with a real name or email
address, someone might come by and punch them in the nose.

That's it...there's nothing more to it.

Ok, just ask, what do you want to know.

While I did object to the silly handle, I have been informed that
Reggie is one of the rather nontoxic posters. One of the good guys
someone said. I can't check the ones I deleted, but the ones I
actually read seem innocent enough. He hasn't done anything to get
punched for, as far as I can tell. I have been thinking about getting
a handle, just for the hell of it. Dances With Wolves has been used.
How about Sleeps With Kitties?

Casady

Actually, if HK says someone is an asshole, then that someone is
probably one of the good guys!

Tim January 5th 09 01:51 AM

Why didn't the Palin family...

On Jan 4, 1:38*pm, (Richard Casady) wrote:
On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:31:52 -0700, "Canuck57"
wrote:

If Palin and Kennedy called me up to go fishing in a boat. *No contest, I
will without hesitation go fishing with Palin. *Kennedy's have bad habits of
disappearing mysteriously.

The only association of a Kennedy and boating was the fool JFK getting
his boat run down by a destroyer. Wasn't smart enough to park his boat
in shallow water. I think a crewman or two did come up missing, not
sure, but there is no mystery.

Casady

For good or bad, here's some interesting discussion on the subject of
the ramming of the 109

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?p=139964

D K[_2_] January 10th 09 02:13 AM

Why didn't the Palin family...

HK wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 4, 12:32 pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 15:22:31 -0800 (PST),
wrote:
On Jan 3, 11:26 am, (Richard Casady)
wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 08:41:02 -0500, John H
wrote:
Maybe we could start by stopping the name-calling!
More people could post under their own name. I have never read a post
by Reggie. With that name, I felt compelled to delete them unread. I
have never, in ten years, felt the need to post under a phony
name. My
phone is under a fake name however.
Casady
Don't know if you read me or not but I don't post under my real name.
No other reason however than I like to use throw away emails here so
my real email doesn't get so flooded. I have had it since.... Geeze,
maybe 1990 or so and it tends to get flooded with a lot of spam....
Either way, I am easy to find, I am Scotty from Smallboats.com... if
it matters my last name is Ingersoll.. There, hope that helps..
I post everywhere with my real Email address (also my name) and I
don't get much more spam than anyone else I know who shops a lot
online. Want to cut your spam? Stop using google.
That took out abort 80% of the spam I was getting.
Try this
http://scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm
People like Reggie and a few others here are scared to death that if
they behaved the way they do here and posted with a real name or email
address, someone might come by and punch them in the nose.

That's it...there's nothing more to it.- Hide quoted text -

Pfffttt. you hid yours for years and as soon as it got out you started
talking about your guns.. You fool nobody...

I've almost always posted with my real name or initials, dirtbag.

Sure, Boater. WAFA!

[email protected] January 10th 09 02:25 AM

Why didn't the Palin family...

On Jan 4, 7:33*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 20:30:34 -0500, wrote:
The real problem with the Kennedys is when, what you think is a ride
in the car,becomes "boating".

Same with "airplane rides"

Mosquito ships as well.

The *109* should have surgically removed the Japanese destroyer via
torpedo instead of allowing itself to by rammed by it.