Default Building your own home

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:26:15 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Feb 12, 7:16*pm, Happy John wrote:
On Mon, 28 Dec 2026 13:13:20 -0500, wrote:
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:03:49 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

We are thinking about using this downturn in the housing market to build
a new home, and acting as our own General Contractor. *Has anyone in the
group done this and do they have any words of advice?

The real trick is finding good trades. If you are not in the business
it is really a crap shoot. I just finished an addition here and it
went well. We didn't hire any strangers.
I just contracted the labor and bought all the materials myself. That
solves the problem of "draws" for the most part. I did have one trade
who needed his money daily but it was after the work was done so I
didn't have a problem with it.

Check your date thingy. You're showing up on my machine as Mon, 28 Dec 2026 13:13:20.

I know your thinking process is light years ahead of ours, but slow that damn machine down!

I'd like to know how you can dig up these ancient threads...

Is it me???

Yesterday, before looking at the headers and messages that I'd already retrieved, I hit the "Get New
Headers" button in Agent. It got the new headers and in the process wiped out the ones I'd not seen
yet. So, I went to "Sample Recent Headers" and asked the machine to get the latest 25 headers. For
some reason it came back with 326 headers. I don't know why. Then I sorted all the headers by date
and deleted all the ones older than yesterday morning.; For some reason the two dated Dec 2026 were
left ('cause they hadn't happened yet, I reckon).

So, that's what happened.

If I was a computer guru, my name would be Steve and I'd me a millionaire.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Back To The Future?

If I was a computer guru, my name would be Steve and I'd be a millionaire..

actually you'd be a deceased billionaire