BoatBanter.com

-   -   Thanksgiving dinner (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/100316-thanksgiving-dinner.html)

Frogwatch[_2_] November 24th 08 05:16 PM

Thanksgiving dinner

Once again, almost time for the traditional North Florida fried
mullet, cheese grits, hushpuppies and collards for Thanksgiving.
We'll be having it at St. George Island this year at several beach
houses as the family has gotten to over 60 people. Unfortunately, not
may people eat oysters so we'll have a lot of em wasted but maybe we
can get only 1/4 bushel over in Apalachicola. I'll be camping at the
State Park cuz I'm too cheap to pay so much for a beach house and I
hate them damned beach houses anyway. Gonna take the Tolman and
Grumman canoe. My brother will take two Kayaks and my bros in law
will bring several kayaks too so we may have enough boats. May even
do some fishing.

[email protected] November 24th 08 05:28 PM

Thanksgiving dinner

On Nov 24, 12:16*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
Once again, almost time for the traditional North Florida fried
mullet, cheese grits, hushpuppies *and collards for Thanksgiving.
We'll be having it at St. George Island this year at several beach
houses as the family has gotten to over 60 people. *Unfortunately, not
may people eat oysters so we'll have a lot of em wasted but maybe we
can get only 1/4 bushel over in Apalachicola. *I'll be camping at the
State Park cuz I'm too cheap to pay so much for a beach house and I
hate them damned beach houses anyway. *Gonna take the Tolman and
Grumman canoe. *My brother will take two Kayaks and my bros in law
will bring several kayaks too so we may have enough boats. *May even
do some fishing.

Man, sounds good! I love oysters just about any way, raw, steamed
fried, fritters, etc. I prefer my mullet smoked, just my choice. In my
opinion, camping is more fun anyway!

Tim November 24th 08 06:57 PM

Thanksgiving dinner

On Nov 24, 11:16*am, Frogwatch wrote:
Once again, almost time for the traditional North Florida fried
mullet, cheese grits, hushpuppies *and collards for Thanksgiving.
We'll be having it at St. George Island this year at several beach
houses as the family has gotten to over 60 people. *Unfortunately, not
may people eat oysters so we'll have a lot of em wasted but maybe we
can get only 1/4 bushel over in Apalachicola. *I'll be camping at the
State Park cuz I'm too cheap to pay so much for a beach house and I
hate them damned beach houses anyway. *Gonna take the Tolman and
Grumman canoe. *My brother will take two Kayaks and my bros in law
will bring several kayaks too so we may have enough boats. *May even
do some fishing.

Man, sounds like you'll have a great time!

Boater November 24th 08 07:23 PM

Thanksgiving dinner

wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:23:43 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Nov 24, 12:38 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:28:37 -0800 (PST), wrote:
[...]
Loogy likes mullet so much he has one on his head.- Hide quoted text -

And the rec.boats vulgar low life retard returns.

Don't be so hard on yourself!

Loogy is pretty good at describing himself.

Boater November 24th 08 07:24 PM

Thanksgiving dinner

Tim wrote:
On Nov 24, 11:16 am, Frogwatch wrote:
Once again, almost time for the traditional North Florida fried
mullet, cheese grits, hushpuppies and collards for Thanksgiving.
We'll be having it at St. George Island this year at several beach
houses as the family has gotten to over 60 people. Unfortunately, not
may people eat oysters so we'll have a lot of em wasted but maybe we
can get only 1/4 bushel over in Apalachicola. I'll be camping at the
State Park cuz I'm too cheap to pay so much for a beach house and I
hate them damned beach houses anyway. Gonna take the Tolman and
Grumman canoe. My brother will take two Kayaks and my bros in law
will bring several kayaks too so we may have enough boats. May even
do some fishing.

Man, sounds like you'll have a great time!

Welcoming the gods of cholesterol...

[email protected] November 24th 08 08:07 PM

Thanksgiving dinner

On Nov 24, 2:24*pm, Boater wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Nov 24, 11:16 am, Frogwatch wrote:
Once again, almost time for the traditional North Florida fried
mullet, cheese grits, hushpuppies *and collards for Thanksgiving.
We'll be having it at St. George Island this year at several beach
houses as the family has gotten to over 60 people. *Unfortunately, not
may people eat oysters so we'll have a lot of em wasted but maybe we
can get only 1/4 bushel over in Apalachicola. *I'll be camping at the
State Park cuz I'm too cheap to pay so much for a beach house and I
hate them damned beach houses anyway. *Gonna take the Tolman and
Grumman canoe. *My brother will take two Kayaks and my bros in law
will bring several kayaks too so we may have enough boats. *May even
do some fishing.

Man, sounds like you'll have a great time!

Welcoming the gods of cholesterol...- Hide quoted text -

That's Harry, just HAS to be an asshole constantly. Why in hell don't
you go back to Chuck's place.

Vic Smith November 24th 08 09:20 PM

Thanksgiving dinner

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:16:04 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

Once again, almost time for the traditional North Florida fried
mullet, cheese grits, hushpuppies and collards for Thanksgiving.
We'll be having it at St. George Island this year at several beach
houses as the family has gotten to over 60 people. Unfortunately, not
may people eat oysters so we'll have a lot of em wasted but maybe we
can get only 1/4 bushel over in Apalachicola. I'll be camping at the
State Park cuz I'm too cheap to pay so much for a beach house and I
hate them damned beach houses anyway. Gonna take the Tolman and
Grumman canoe. My brother will take two Kayaks and my bros in law
will bring several kayaks too so we may have enough boats. May even
do some fishing.

That sounds real good. Never had mullet, but some guys netting them
at Sebastian pass told me they're good when the right size.
Enjoy! I'm looking foward to stuffing, candied yams, black olives,
and deviled eggs the most. Turkey I can take or leave. Best use of
that turkey is sandwiches for a couple weeks after Thanksgiving.

--Vic