BoatBanter.com

-   -   President-elect (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/100297-re-president-elect.html)

[email protected] November 23rd 08 10:10 PM

President-elect

On Nov 23, 11:06*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
Our new, President-elect seems to be rapidly coming up to speed in terms of
having the best initial policies in place when he takes office in January..

He is modifying and/or delaying many of his campaign promises and adopting
more of the current, Republican Administration's plans.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081123/...sa_obama_taxes

Eisboch

Eisboch,

We have seen a president that won't change even if the facts on the
ground change; I don't think that has worked out all that well.

Much has changed over the 2 years of the campaign. I know that
flexibility is a hard thing for a conservative to understand but you
are going to have to get used to it for the next 8 years or so.
Let's see how it all works out - you might like it!

Mark Browne

Tim November 23rd 08 10:17 PM

President-elect

On Nov 23, 4:10*pm, wrote:
On Nov 23, 11:06*am, "Eisboch" wrote:

Our new, President-elect seems to be rapidly coming up to speed in terms of
having the best initial policies in place when he takes office in January.

He is modifying and/or delaying many of his campaign promises and adopting
more of the current, Republican Administration's plans.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081123/...sa_obama_taxes

Eisboch

Eisboch,

We have seen a president that won't change even if the facts on the
ground change; I don't think that has worked out all that well.

Much has changed over the 2 years of the campaign. I know that
flexibility is a hard thing for a conservative to understand but you
are going to have to get used to it for the next 8 years or so.
Let's see how it all works out - you might like it!

"Flexability?" how many ways can you make a waffle?

Vic Smith November 23rd 08 10:18 PM

President-elect

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 14:17:09 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Nov 23, 4:10Â*pm, wrote:
On Nov 23, 11:06Â*am, "Eisboch" wrote:

Our new, President-elect seems to be rapidly coming up to speed in terms of
having the best initial policies in place when he takes office in January.

He is modifying and/or delaying many of his campaign promises and adopting
more of the current, Republican Administration's plans.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081123/...sa_obama_taxes

Eisboch

Eisboch,

We have seen a president that won't change even if the facts on the
ground change; I don't think that has worked out all that well.

Much has changed over the 2 years of the campaign. I know that
flexibility is a hard thing for a conservative to understand but you
are going to have to get used to it for the next 8 years or so.
Let's see how it all works out - you might like it!

"Flexability?" how many ways can you make a waffle?

Belgian waffle? French waffle?
Extra eggs? Beaten whites?
Cinnamon?
Blueberry?

Eisboch November 23rd 08 10:19 PM

President-elect

wrote in message
[...]

Ok. I just have more respect for people that do what they say they are
going to do.
Mr. Obama only started hinting at changes to his tune when his election was
all but secured.

Eisboch

Eisboch November 23rd 08 10:22 PM

President-elect

wrote:

On Nov 23, 4:10 pm, wrote:
[...]

Frozen, stick in the toaster waffle.

Eisboch

Tim November 23rd 08 10:33 PM

President-elect

wrote:

On Nov 23, 4:10 pm, wrote:
[...]

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Gentlemen, a waffle is still a waffle regardless how it's prepared, or
in this case, unprepared.

Vic Smith November 23rd 08 10:41 PM

President-elect

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 14:33:34 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Gentlemen, a waffle is still a waffle regardless how it's prepared, or
in this case, unprepared.

That's where you're wrong. You never had my waffles.
I'll concede anything political, but make my stand on waffles.

--Vic

Eisboch November 23rd 08 10:41 PM

President-elect

wrote:

Gentlemen, a waffle is still a waffle regardless how it's prepared, or
in this case, unprepared.

That's where you're wrong. You never had my waffles.
I'll concede anything political, but make my stand on waffles.

--Vic

So, you won't waffle on waffles?

Vic Smith November 23rd 08 10:50 PM

President-elect

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:41:58 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Gentlemen, a waffle is still a waffle regardless how it's prepared, or
in this case, unprepared.

That's where you're wrong. You never had my waffles.
I'll concede anything political, but make my stand on waffles.

--Vic

So, you won't waffle on waffles?

Hehe. Hit the send key as I thought of that.
It's always "Shucks, I shoulda said....."

Boater November 23rd 08 10:54 PM

President-elect

wrote:
On Nov 23, 4:10 pm, wrote:
[...]

To change one's mind when the facts warrant is a sign of intelligence.
To not do so is a sign that you are brain-dead, like George W. Bush.