BoatBanter.com

-   -   The Blackbird (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/100044-blackbird.html)

JohnH[_3_] November 15th 08 02:36 PM

The Blackbird

A friend sent me this. The first photograph is taken at the new Air and
Space Museum out by Dulles Airport. Like the other museums, it's first
rate.

Enjoy the show, especially you Air Force junkies.

http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/SR-71/index.htm

--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

Jim November 15th 08 03:20 PM

The Blackbird

JohnH wrote:
A friend sent me this. The first photograph is taken at the new Air and
Space Museum out by Dulles Airport. Like the other museums, it's first
rate.

Enjoy the show, especially you Air Force junkies.

http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/SR-71/index.htm

Amazing video, John. Thanks for sharing.

[email protected] November 15th 08 03:27 PM

The Blackbird

On Nov 15, 9:38*am, Boater wrote:
JohnH wrote:
A friend sent me this. The first photograph is taken at the new Air and
Space Museum out by Dulles Airport. Like the other museums, it's first
rate.

Enjoy the show, especially you Air Force junkies.

http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/SR-71/index.htm

Wow. Gee. Yahoo.

Yes, WAFA, we understand that you know nothing about technology and
could care less. Asshole.

Terry S November 15th 08 03:46 PM

The Blackbird

I saw an SR-71 in person at the Pima Air & Space museum in Tucson. I
couldn't resist, I snuck under the ropes and had to touch the plane.
Remarkable piece of machinery. Reportedly could acheive orbit if
necessary, and carried it's own oxygen supply for engine combustion
purposes.

Little is ever said about the SR-71 "clone drone"... they also had one
on display there... a pilot-less single engine drone constructed of
the same materials and techniques...

Terry