BoatBanter.com

-   -   Sarah and the Pope (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/100026-sarah-pope.html)

JohnH[_3_] November 14th 08 08:18 PM

Sarah and the Pope

Sarah Palin is invited to meet with the Pope while he is
vacationing south of Rome in Venice .

The liberal press reluctantly watches the semi-private =
audience, hoping they will be able to allot minimal coverage, if any.

The Pope asks Governor Palin to join him on a Gondola
ride through the canals of Venice .

They're admiring the sights and agreeing on moral issues
when, all of a sudden, the Pope's hat (zucchetto) blows off his head and
out into the water.

The gondolier starts to reach for the Pontiff's cap with
his pole, but this move threatens to overturn the floating craft.

Sarah waves the tour guide off, saying, "Wait, wait.
I'll take care of this. Don't worry."

She steps off the gondola onto the surface of the water
and walks out to the Pope's hat, bends over and picks it up. She walks
back across the water to the gondola and steps aboard.

She hands the hat to the Pope a mid stunned silence.

The next morning the topic of conversation among the
Democrats in Congress, CBS News, NBC News, ABC News, CNN, the New York
Times, Hollywood celebrities, and in France and Germany is:

"Palin Can't Swim."

--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

Boater November 14th 08 08:25 PM

Sarah and the Pope

JohnH wrote:
[...]

More likely: Schitt Floats.

Boater November 14th 08 09:07 PM

Sarah and the Pope

wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:25:31 -0500, Boater
wrote:

"Palin Can't Swim."

More likely: Schitt Floats.

Why is the left so hard on this woman? It's over guys, you won.

It's part of the plan to keep Ms. Palin in the news, so her intellectual
laziness is revealed repeatedly. That will infuriate the evangelical
right-wing base, they'll work hard to nominate her in 2012, and the
Republicans will lose again. At that point, maybe, the moderate
Republicans will take over the party and rebuild it into something
worthwhile.

Didn't you get the memo?

Boater November 14th 08 09:15 PM

Sarah and the Pope

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:07:38 -0500, Boater

wrote:

"Palin Can't Swim."

More likely: Schitt Floats.
Why is the left so hard on this woman? It's over guys, you won.

It's part of the plan to keep Ms. Palin in the news, so her intellectual
laziness is revealed repeatedly. That will infuriate the evangelical
right-wing base, they'll work hard to nominate her in 2012, and the
Republicans will lose again. At that point, maybe, the moderate
Republicans will take over the party and rebuild it into something
worthwhile.

Didn't you get the memo?

I agree with the people who said she wasn't ready.

It wouldn't take very long for her to learn as much as your typical
politician.
I don't think she is stupid, only uneducated in the ways of big city
politics

Typical politicians shouldn't be a major party's candidate for president
or vice president. The cut should be higher.

As I said, I want Palin around to kick around. I want her to be the
nominee in 2012.

Eisboch November 14th 08 09:31 PM

Sarah and the Pope

"Boater" wrote in message

Typical politicians shouldn't be a major party's candidate for president
or vice president. The cut should be higher.

As I said, I want Palin around to kick around. I want her to be the
nominee in 2012.

Speaking of non-typical politicians ....

I have to give Obama and/or his staff credit for being politically crafty.

When I heard today's media buzz about him considering Hillary for Secretary
of State, my first reaction was to recall the debates during the nomination
process. At one point Hillary was critical of Obama's lack of foreign
policy experience. Obama countered with a jab to the effect that Hillary
didn't have any either .... she was the First Lady during BClinton's reign,
not a government diplomat crowing about policy. Hillary came back with the
stupid list of 80 countries she had visited as first lady, including the
stupid story about landing somewhere in a hail of gunfire. (how soon we all
forget).

But then Andrea Mitchell and Todd whatever his name is on MSNBC shed some
political motive light on this possible appointment.

By having Hillary as Secretary of State, it effectively removes her from
butting heads with any of Obama's domestic programs or policies. It also
takes her out of the political web of off-season elections.

It basically gets her out of his way, which also gives a clue as to where
Obama's major initiatives will lie.

Interesting.

Eisboch

Canuck57[_3_] November 15th 08 12:23 AM

Sarah and the Pope

wrote:

[...]

My guess is you could run Palin in 2012 and she will win.

One term of Obama, and enough will decent from the democratic fiction told
to them.

[email protected] November 15th 08 11:04 AM

Sarah and the Pope

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:25:31 -0500, Boater wrote:

vacationing south of Rome in Venice .

Picking nits, Venice is north of Rome.

Mike[_10_] November 16th 08 03:41 AM

Sarah and the Pope

wrote in message
t...
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:25:31 -0500, Boater wrote:

vacationing south of Rome in Venice .

Picking nits, Venice is north of Rome.

Thank you, you beat me to it.

--Mike