BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Sharp LCD as monitor (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/99512-sharp-lcd-monitor.html)

gordon October 25th 08 02:46 PM

Sharp LCD as monitor

I have some used sharp LM64P89L lcd panels that I would like to use as a
monitor on my boat. anyone know what I would need to connect these
panels to my computer. The connection from the panels looks like a 32
pin female socket with about 20 of these being used. Any ideas??

thanks

Bill Kearney October 25th 08 03:01 PM

Sharp LCD as monitor

It's a low resolution, 10 inch black and white display, and not terribly
bright. You'd have to add an interface board to convert whatever video
source you'd be using to what the display can use. Why bother?

[email protected] October 29th 08 10:25 AM

Sharp LCD as monitor

"gordon" wrote in message

I have some used sharp LM64P89L lcd panels that I would like to use as a
monitor on my boat. anyone know what I would need to connect these panels
to my computer. The connection from the panels looks like a 32 pin female
socket with about 20 of these being used. Any ideas??

OK thanks for the input. Any one need some Sharp lcd LM64P89L panels??