Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Is my new battery ruined?

I have a brand-new grand Banks currently being commissioned- it has
8D AGM batteries. The starting battery has been slowly discharging -
it has been at 11.9 V for the past 10 days and is now down to 11.8. I
have tried to alert the yard to this problem and they say they will
get around to fixing it (they say it's the charger- although the
house batteries are at 13.5 or so over that same period of time and
are being used). So I am concerned that the starting battery has been
permanently damaged. I would appreciate any opinions about this and
ideas about how I might test for this possibility. I'm assuming that
the yard will put a charger on it eventually and, while connected,
will show normal voltage.
I would appreciate your thoughts on this.