posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default ELECTROLYSIS 101 for boats that live in the water.

Does anyone have any theories about the effects of positive/negative earth on electrolysis ?
Having read much of this thread, I will go round my timber boat, disconnecting the bonding strap from everything I can find. Aluminium-bronze seems to be immune from degradation, but most of the brass and manganese bronze has suffered.
My rudders and one prop are pristine. The other prop has lost half of it's alloy, leaving just copper with a bronze core.
Shane