BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   C-MAP NT - SD card? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/89256-c-map-nt-sd-card.html)

Robert Miles December 26th 07 03:27 PM

C-MAP NT - SD card?

Anyone point to a good informative website on the SD Cards used for C-MAP
NT? (as used in the NAVMAN 900?)
I have just bought a new boat with one fitted but no cart cartridge.
I can buy 2Gb SD cards for £10.. can I get them programmed with the C-MAP
wide to use it on the Navman 900?

Regards

Bob
GM4CAQ

Larry December 26th 07 05:02 PM

C-MAP NT - SD card?

"Robert Miles" wrote in
t:

I can buy 2Gb SD cards for œ10.. can I get them programmed with the
C-MAP wide to use it on the Navman 900?

Regards

Bob
GM4CAQ

Of course not! You have to buy THEIR 2GB SD card for far more with the
maps locked up on them.

Notice how Maps and Money start with the same letter...(c;

Larry
--
I found what I wanted for Christmas at Best Buy,
but she wouldn't stop screaming obscenities while

How was I s'posed ta know associate girls weren't
on sale?

Wayne.B December 28th 07 04:30 AM

C-MAP NT - SD card?

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 15:27:37 -0000, "Robert Miles"
wrote:

I have just bought a new boat with one fitted but no cart cartridge.
I can buy 2Gb SD cards for £10.. can I get them programmed with the C-MAP
wide to use it on the Navman 900?

Wouldn't that be a copyright violation?

I'd suggest buying one through the proper channels. They really are
not all that expensive for the number of charts that you get on one
chip.

Robert Miles December 28th 07 01:53 PM

C-MAP NT - SD card?

I wasn't talking about copying the data, just buying the blank cards for
C-Map to programme. They charge around three times the market rate for
blank SD Cards!
Regards
Bob