BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Help: Need Nexus FD-Interface Floppy Disk from 1998 (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/82391-help-need-nexus-fd-interface-floppy-disk-1998-a.html)

[email protected] July 11th 07 04:47 PM

Help: Need Nexus FD-Interface Floppy Disk from 1998

Hi,

does anybody have the Nexus FD-Interface to connect a Nexus Server
(i.e. classic version from around 1998) to a computer via serial port?
I am looking for information about the Nexus data bus and the protocol
- or even better the original driver software. On the floppy disk that
came with the FD-Interface there was a program for controlling the
server (fdsetup.exe) and the Nexus protocol was described in the file
read.me.

Annoyingly the floppy disk that came with my FD-Interface was lost
some time ago and I now do not have the necessary drivers to use it.
Does anybody have it and could send me a copy of the contents? They
were removed from the Nexus website because the system from 1998 is
long out-dated and has been replaced first by the NX-series and now by
the NX2 series.

I would be most grateful for the help.

With best regards,
Arik

Matt Colie July 11th 07 11:50 PM

Help: Need Nexus FD-Interface Floppy Disk from 1998

Arik,
I have a copy of setup_RC90 from about 2003or4. This package worked
with the FD box and allowed me to calibrate, download realtime data and
the calibration data.
As you know, the code and the box are both useless without the other.
If this might be of value, I will pass it to you. The file is less than
a meg.
Matt Colie
Yachtsman's Technical Support