BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Simrad Simnet to NMEA 0183 (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/80578-simrad-simnet-nmea-0183-a.html)

captnbill May 13th 07 04:06 PM

Simrad Simnet to NMEA 0183

I have a SimRad Simnet(N2K) setup with the autopilot WP32(discontinued) receiving Simnet messages from the SimRad wind instrument and N0183 sentences from a Garmin GPS.
the interface is in the junction box that came with the autopilot.
I would like to send the depth & tempeture data to the Garmin Mapchart unit that can chart the temp and sonar info.
Simrad does have a SimRad network interface to N0183 for $115 that is suppose to change the data packet structure. There is a speed difference in the 2 standards also. I would think that going from N0183 to N2K is not a problem as much as going from N2K to N0183.
At http://www.shipmodul.com/en/connections.html might be some help in connecting the different systems also N2k connections need a 120 ohm termination resistor.
Has anyone used the Simrad interface?