BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Building custom Cockpit control panels / Computer controls (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/78869-building-custom-cockpit-control-panels-computer-controls.html)

[email protected] March 7th 07 02:27 PM

Building custom Cockpit control panels / Computer controls

Hello,
Is anyone here involved in building their own Control Panels for new
or old boat construction?

I have built a couple of inboard boats, and made typical metal-panel,
switch and instrument control panels that worked out OK... But now I'm
looking to do a modern approach for a larger boat (probably a rebuild/
upgrade).

I want to build operator controls that combine several things:

- Conventional mechanical/hydraulic steering, throttle, forward/
reverse controls
- Conventional Engine / Systems instrumentation and switches
- Computer-based display(s) and Human Interface:
- For Computer-based navigation
- For Computer-based monitoring of details of onboard systems,
temperatures,