BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   bulb chart needed (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/77875-bulb-chart-needed.html)

rb January 27th 07 06:34 PM

bulb chart needed

Where can I find a chart that tells the current draw for different types of
12v filament bulbs? I've searched extensively with Google and MetaSearch
and haven't found anything.

krj January 27th 07 07:16 PM

bulb chart needed

rb wrote:
Where can I find a chart that tells the current draw for different types of
12v filament bulbs? I've searched extensively with Google and MetaSearch
and haven't found anything.

Look in the electrical section of the West Marine catalog

Bozo January 27th 07 09:23 PM

bulb chart needed

krj wrote:
rb wrote:
Where can I find a chart that tells the current draw for different
types of 12v filament bulbs? I've searched extensively with Google
and MetaSearch and haven't found anything.

Look in the electrical section of the West Marine catalog

Most bulbs are marked with the watts, so use W=IV.
If you want it very accurate, use a meter.

krj January 27th 07 10:55 PM

bulb chart needed

Bozo wrote:
krj wrote:
rb wrote:
Where can I find a chart that tells the current draw for different
types of 12v filament bulbs? I've searched extensively with Google
and MetaSearch and haven't found anything.

Look in the electrical section of the West Marine catalog

Most bulbs are marked with the watts, so use W=IV.
If you want it very accurate, use a meter.

If he is looking for current, shouldn't that be I=W/V?

[email protected] January 28th 07 03:44 AM

bulb chart needed

rb wrote:
Where can I find a chart that tells the current draw for different types of
12v filament bulbs? I've searched extensively with Google and MetaSearch
and haven't found anything.

You can try this site and see if it will help any.

http://www.cml-it.com/cgi-bin/start....wnloads_b.html

Mark

Michael Porter January 28th 07 01:42 PM

bulb chart needed

Try the Chicago Miniature Lamp Co --their handbook ia a goldmine.

http://www.cml-it.com/cgi-bin/start...._products.html

Cheers,

Michael

Chuck... February 4th 07 12:12 PM

bulb chart needed

"rb" wrote in
:

Where can I find a chart that tells the current draw for different
types of 12v filament bulbs? I've searched extensively with Google
and MetaSearch and haven't found anything.

Search on incandescent lamp chart and the first thing that shows up is:

http://www.dual-lite.com/documents/t...600686)_BB.pdf