BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Radar antennae to aerial distances??? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/74265-radar-antennae-aerial-distances.html)

CS September 22nd 06 07:14 PM

Radar antennae to aerial distances???

What spacing should I have between a Furuno 1623 radar antennae, a
marine VHF whip aerial, a Garmin GPS aerial and a Navtex aerial??

TVMIA

Larry September 22nd 06 07:58 PM

Radar antennae to aerial distances???

"CS" wrote in news:1158948850.536930.5450
@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

What spacing should I have between a Furuno 1623 radar antennae, a
marine VHF whip aerial, a Garmin GPS aerial and a Navtex aerial??

Straight answer....as far as possible. Radars are the biggest transmitter
on your boat. Their pulse forming circuits make a lot of RF noise across
the whole spectrum.

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.