BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Fishfinder/GPS hidden screens? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/72939-fishfinder-gps-hidden-screens.html)

[email protected] August 16th 06 07:34 AM

Fishfinder/GPS hidden screens?

I recently purchased an Eagle FF/ GPS combo. After installing it, I
goofed around with it in the driveway. Just wanted to make sure it
powered up before I put the boat in the water. Somehow I managed to
punch up a full screen analog speedometer. I see nothing in the manual
about a full screen analog speedometer and can't remember the key
strokes that brought it up. Are there cheat codes/ hidden screens for
the newer FF and GPS units?

This is what I bought...

http://www.eaglegps.com/Products/Son...nder500CDF.htm

I didn't install the speedometer sensor as the boat already has a
speedo. The analog speedo screen never changed because the boat never
moved, so I'm not sure if it was trying to read speed over land or
speed over water. The unit performed flawlessly on a recent 2 day trip.

It seems like anything with buttons these days has cheats or hidden
screens. You can even hack a coke machine.

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/12/48/

-phish

[email protected] August 18th 06 07:45 PM

Paul wrote:
Try going to the full map screen and pushing the exit button 3 times
quickly.

Paul

That sounds about like what I was doing at the time. Thanks. I'll try
it next time out.

Did I miss this in the manual? Is this feature not advertised? Any
other hidden screens you are aware of? Do you work for Eagle? d;^)

-phish

[email protected] August 22nd 06 05:15 AM

Paul wrote:
Try going to the full map screen and pushing the exit button 3 times
quickly.

Paul

That worked. Thanks.

-phish

[email protected] September 4th 06 10:19 PM

Fishfinder/GPS hidden screens?

This is Awesome! I just found it works on my Ifinder ExpeditionC also,
which I commonly use to watch my speed on my boat. You have to start
from the Map screen.
Thanks!!!

Da35ve

Paul wrote: