BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Need advice on a fish finder/ (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/72322-need-advice-fish-finder.html)

PM July 31st 06 05:54 PM

Need advice on a fish finder/

depth finder for my aluminum boat. I have a Lowrance X47 that came with the
boat. I want to add a much better one to the front of the boat and connect
the transducer to the trolling motor. I'd like to get it for under $500. I
do not need GPS capabilities.

Thanks

feetwet August 1st 06 02:30 PM

Need advice on a fish finder/

I'm also interested in adding a bow unit to the troller... My depths
for fishing are going to be 40 feet or less, so I don't tink I need
huge wattage. Would like a unit that has a easy disconnect mount. Wide
scan would be a big plus for the shallower depths, and of course a
high-res display (lots of pixels) that is easy to read in direct sun
with polarized sunglasses on. Would hook up to my 12v trolling battery.

What is the cheapest decent unit with these features?