posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default boat starting problems

can someone please in order what goes one after the other to start the
boat from key to motor thanks

wrote:
can someone please in order what goes one after the other to start the
boat from key to motor thanks

Now there's a challenge for someone! Start off with the drive to the marina!

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in
:

Now there's a challenge for someone! Start off with the drive to the
marina!

I wuz gonna ask 'im "What Boat?"

Sure a different procedure starting a Hatteras 56 than an Endeavour 35
sloop....(c;

Or his fishing dingy....

(That'll be one of the test essay questions on my captain's licensing
test....)

23 - Describe, in detail, the complete procedure for getting your
particular boat underway... (minimum 500 words)

posted to rec.boats.electronics

wrote in message
oups.com...
can someone please in order what goes one after the other to start the
boat from key to motor thanks

You need to tell us what type engine you are trying to start before we can
begin to tell you how it should work. Also the battery and battery switch
arrangement info would help.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"AndyK." wrote in
:

You need to tell us what type engine you are trying to start before we
can begin to tell you how it should work. Also the battery and battery
switch arrangement info would help.

The Wartsila-Sulzer RTA96-C turbocharged two-stroke diesel engine

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

We can't find where the handcrank fits or the compression release handle.

25,480 litres displacement
108,920hp at 102 rpm
5,608,312 lb-ft torque at 102 rpm
2300 tons....no ballast necessary.
It's a 2-stroke!....1660 gals/hr.
No...two 8Ds ain't gonna crank it....

I like the built-in steps INSIDE the crankcase, personally.

I wanna see the look on the Yanmar mechanic's face....(c;

posted to rec.boats.electronics
You You is offline

In article ,
Larry wrote:

The Wartsila-Sulzer RTA96-C turbocharged two-stroke diesel engine

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

We can't find where the handcrank fits or the compression release handle.

25,480 litres displacement
108,920hp at 102 rpm
5,608,312 lb-ft torque at 102 rpm
2300 tons....no ballast necessary.
It's a 2-stroke!....1660 gals/hr.
No...two 8Ds ain't gonna crank it....

I like the built-in steps INSIDE the crankcase, personally.

I wanna see the look on the Yanmar mechanic's face....(c;

Those are usually Air Started Engines....

tailpipe in saltwater when launching s o General 9 May 11th 06 08:18 PM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 December 19th 05 06:37 AM
Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 02:23 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 September 29th 04 05:19 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 January 16th 04 10:19 AM