BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Furuno 10" NavNet 1834 vx2 GPS WAAS fix error (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/68800-furuno-10-navnet-1834-vx2-gps-waas-fix-error.html)

Robert Miles April 18th 06 08:41 PM

Furuno 10" NavNet 1834 vx2 GPS WAAS fix error

Guess the test would be to pull the GPS cable out of the loom and see if it
works.

Is it a remote gps or a remote GPS antenna?
If the latter then more likely to have problems..

Regards

Bob

"Tony" wrote in message

Hi everyone,
I am in the process of finishing my installation of Furuno NavNet vx2
radar and GPS.
During my installation, I validated that all functions of the NavNet
was working properly.
Once I concealed and cleaned up the wiring I now cannot get a GPS WAAS
fix.
During the process of cleaning up the wiring none of the wires were cut
(all are original from Furuno). They are all tie wrapped together with
power and radar signal. Once the excess wire reached the fuse box area
I looped each wire and secured them.

Can a GPS signal wire be placed next to power or other signals cables?
What are my errors here?

Thanks for the help in advance,
Tony

--
Tony

Tony April 19th 06 05:28 AM

Thanks Bob, The GPS antenna is directly attached to the directly to the display.
I am going to try and re-route the GPS cable and see what that does...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Miles