BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   nylon/plastic nut needed (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/68388-nylon-plastic-nut-needed.html)

RB April 6th 06 11:26 PM

nylon/plastic nut needed

Looking for a 1" x 14 fine thread nylon/plastic nut to use on the layover
marine antenna mount post.

I've found a bunch of online sources for nylon and plastic nuts, but they
don't quite make it to 1"x 14. Close, but not right on.

If anyone knows where I can buy two or three of these, I'd appreciate
hearing from you on it.

Doug Whitman April 7th 06 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RB
Looking for a 1" x 14 fine thread nylon/plastic nut to use on the layover
marine antenna mount post.

Try McMaster Carr: http://mcmaster.com If it is hardware and it is for sale, they should have it.

Doug

Sunset Sam April 9th 06 03:26 AM

nylon/plastic nut needed

McMaster Carr is a good suggestion. If you run into a dead end there
I'd suggest contacting a plastic distributor. Not a molder, but
somewhere that carries rod & sheet stock. They can fabricate a nut for
you pretty inexpensively. Either cut out of nylon plate stock, or
sliced off nylon rod stock. The drilling and threading wouldn't be a
big deal if a person had the right size tap.

Alec April 12th 06 07:56 PM

nylon/plastic nut needed

This thread is used by the major antennae manufacturers.
Try them or antennae suppliers.

Alec

Vic Fraenckel April 13th 06 02:21 AM

nylon/plastic nut needed

Looking for a 1" x 14 fine thread nylon/plastic nut to use on the layover
marine antenna mount post.

You might try McMaster-Carr at:
http://www.mcmaster.com/

HTH