BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Furuno 10" NavNet 1834 (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/67202-furuno-10-navnet-1834-a.html)

Tony March 3rd 06 03:48 AM

Furuno 10" NavNet 1834

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to get an opinion from people that have the Furuno 10" NavNet 1834.
How do you like it?
Positives? Negatives?
How did you mount the display? Over head, flush mount etc.

Thanks
Tony

Wet-n-Wild Bill April 6th 06 06:55 AM

Furuno 10" NavNet 1834

I have a Furuno 1954 system, with NavPilot, Sounder, Radar, Plotter and
extra display. My system has a DC-DC converter 12V to 24VDC that drains
the house batteries. Makre sure your alternator can handle the load.

Also makes sure the heading sensor is totaly away from any electrical
source. I've seen installers place the Heading sensor next to the Hydroilic
Pump amd near sounder box.

--
Tony