BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Combo masthead antennas? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/66047-combo-masthead-antennas.html)

Brent Geery February 2nd 06 08:36 PM

Combo masthead antennas?

I'm having a heck of a time finding a combo VHF/Cell antenna. The
stainless whip kind, with bottom loading coil. Ideally, 4.5 dB on VHF
and 6-7.5 dB gain on cell frequencies.

Even if I want to use two antennas, I can't find appropriate antennas
for both purposes. I could use the 6dB Gam Electronics SS-2 for VHF
frequencies, but the only similar antenna I've found for cell use are
single-band 800MHz antennas, not 800/1900MHz that's needed, and tend
to have too high 9dB gain.

So, anyone know of a combo VHF/Cell antenna masthead antenna, or at
least a 800/1900MHz SS whip style antenna with *less* than 9dB gain
but at least 6dB?

Finally, assuming I go with two antennas, how far apart would these
antennas have to be mounted? It's not like there is a lot of choice
on top of a mast, but you read in owners manuals that they need to be
like 3 feet apart.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)