posted to rec.boats.electronics
Geert Maene

Default need LED info

Where can I find info about navigation LED lights. I need a anchor light
and a tricolor in 1 piece with LED.

--
Geert Maene.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

"Geert Maene" wrote in message
Where can I find info about navigation LED lights. I need a anchor light
and a tricolor in 1 piece with LED.

www.lopolight.com

They are represented by Sailtron in Houten, The Netherlands.

Meindert

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Spammy Spamson

G'day all....

I ordered an all round (anchor light) from this firm:

http://doctorled.com/

I paid by Pay Pal and received it in 1 1/2 weeks. I'm satisfied with
it and it was really well priced. I think you could refer to it as
"third generation" My total cost was roughly CAD $46.00

total of 18 LEDS draws 90ma.

They also offer other marine LED products including nav light
replacement LED "bulbs". I haven't tried them yet.

Capt. Spammy

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:06:46 GMT, Geert Maene
wrote:

Where can I find info about navigation LED lights. I need a anchor light
and a tricolor in 1 piece with LED.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Spammy Spamson

try he

http://doctorled.com/

*MUCH* better price, I bought the anchor light.

90Ma draw/18 LED's

Capt Spammy

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:57:37 GMT, Geert Maene
wrote:

Terry K wrote:

Sent me info on "first star lights" for which you can google.

I don't have the site url handy any more.

They are way expensive so far, in a year or two they will come down.

Terry K

There all verry expensive.ppffff....

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Brent Geery

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:41:34 GMT, Spammy Spamson
wrote:

Geert Maene wrote:

Terry K wrote:

Sent me info on "first star lights" for which you can google.

There all verry expensive.ppffff....

try he

http://doctorled.com/

*MUCH* better price, I bought the anchor light.

90Ma draw/18 LED's

Thanks for the great link. I'd like to try their interior lights, but
the nav lights are only for single color fixtures. Let me know when
they come out with a combo P/S bow light or a como tri-color/anchor
light.

On my boat (under 12 meters,) all I needed was one masthead anchor
light fixture and a combo bow fixture (could of also used a clear
steaming light fixture here.) The masthead has a combo
anchor/all-round/tri-color and the bow a P/S combo. International and
inland rules allow an all-round white light (2 mi range) to substitute
for the steaming and sternlight for use when under power. It also
serves as anchor light (duh.)

When I work out the costs of 5 nav fixtures with 5 LED bulbs VS the
cost of two combo bulbs and fixtures, it's comes to within $100 for
either company (and less wiring with only two fixtures.)

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king.
posted to rec.boats.electronics
Carl

For an LED anchor light, I just bought one from Bebi Electronics in
Fiji http://www.bebi-electronics.com/index.html - cost less than $40
including shipping that arrived in 8 days! Nice people and it seems
very well designed.

Carl

Meindert Sprang wrote:
"Geert Maene" wrote in message
Where can I find info about navigation LED lights. I need a anchor light
and a tricolor in 1 piece with LED.

www.lopolight.com

They are represented by Sailtron in Houten, The Netherlands.

Meindert

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Spammy Spamson

try he

http://doctorled.com/

*MUCH* better price///*snip, I bought the anchor light.

90Ma draw/18 LED's

Thanks for the great link. I'd like to try their interior lights, but
the nav lights are only for single color fixtures. Let me know when
they come out with///*snip...

Sorry mate, I have no inside info. I'm not connected with them in any
way. I founf the site and ordered the anchor light.

To keep up to date on what they offer just check their site again.

If you do have special requests (different base etc) an e-mail will
elicit a response.

regards,

|G|

"Capt Spammy"
to reply do NOT remove "spam" - did you know that including the word
"spam" in your e-mail address eliminates Receiving spam? (;-)