BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   source needed for brackets (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/65128-source-needed-brackets.html)

RB January 10th 06 05:20 PM

source needed for brackets

Anyone know of some good sources of inexpensive brackets that would be
adaptable to marine electronics gear (eqpt that there isn't a mfr to go to
for these items)?

Lynn Coffelt January 11th 06 12:18 AM

source needed for brackets

"RB" wrote in message
t...
Anyone know of some good sources of inexpensive brackets that would be
adaptable to marine electronics gear (eqpt that there isn't a mfr to go to
for these items)?

Not very classy, but some of my frugal (not me) customers have used common
"Stanley" brand "L" brackets, packs of two, in a couple of sizes from any
hardware or general store.
Old Chief Lynn

Garland Gray II January 11th 06 02:36 AM

source needed for brackets

Can't picture exactly what you are looking for, but I've made brackets out
of aluminum stock.
I've also made a rack (more like a big hook ) for my binoculars by
saturating some 3/16 braided line in epoxy and forming it to shape before
curing.
Again, not sure what you need, but West Marine carries the RAM swivel mounts
for electronics..

t...

RB January 11th 06 06:25 AM

source needed for brackets

OK. Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

I think the L brackets are what I'll be going with. The only concern I have
about using them is the quick rust factor in salt environment. But, the
obvious thing to do there is simply replace 'em often. They're cheap.

Wayne.B January 11th 06 06:21 PM

source needed for brackets

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:25:04 -0600, "RB"
wrote:

OK. Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

I think the L brackets are what I'll be going with. The only concern I have
about using them is the quick rust factor in salt environment. But, the
obvious thing to do there is simply replace 'em often. They're cheap.

Spray them first with CRC Cold Galvanizing Spray. It seems to be very
effective.

Peter Bennett January 14th 06 02:31 AM

source needed for brackets

wrote:

OK. Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

I think the L brackets are what I'll be going with. The only concern I have
about using them is the quick rust factor in salt environment. But, the
obvious thing to do there is simply replace 'em often. They're cheap.

Make your brackets out of Aluminum - it rarely rusts :-)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Johny Looser March 9th 06 06:06 PM

source needed for brackets

wrote:

OK. Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

I think the L brackets are what I'll be going with. The only concern I have
about using them is the quick rust factor in salt environment. But, the
obvious thing to do there is simply replace 'em often. They're cheap.

Make your brackets out of Aluminum - it rarely rusts :-)

You might want to look at
http://www.band-it-idex.com/applications_marine.asp