BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Navtexi @ 490Hz (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/48224-navtexi-%40-490hz.html)

Mark Hindley September 7th 05 11:56 AM

Navtexi @ 490Hz

I have an inherited an oldish Nasa Navtex. It only receives 512Hz
broadcasts. Is it possible to adjust the aerial so that it will pickup
490Hz too? I have seen 490Hz aerials advertised, but they are about £50
and I would prefer not to add yet another item to the pushpit!

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

Philip September 8th 05 07:06 PM

"Mark Hindley" wrote in message
I have an inherited an oldish Nasa Navtex. It only receives 512Hz
broadcasts. Is it possible to adjust the aerial so that it will pickup
490Hz too? I have seen 490Hz aerials advertised, but they are about £50
and I would prefer not to add yet another item to the pushpit!

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

Mark,
you may get a better response if you post on here
http://www.ybw.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/Cat/0,in the Reader to Reader
forum, after you register for free.

regards,
Philip