Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
gaffcat

Default outboard battery charging

I am building a boat and recently started my new Yamaha outboard for
the first time. While the engine was running I measured the voltage at
the battery and the reading was 15.5 volts. I have a 100 amp hour AGM
starting battery and the battery manufacturer reccommends a bulk charge
voltage of between 14.1 and 14.5 volts. Is there a way to reduce the
outboards charging voltage? Will this damage the battery? I think the
outboard puts out about 10 amps.

fritz