BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Navman 5100 NMEA capability (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/46762-navman-5100-nmea-capability.html)

Jon Gauthier July 29th 05 03:09 PM

Navman 5100 NMEA capability

Anyone know if the 5100 can accept VHW (speed over water) and MTW (water
temp) on its NMEA input? The manual only talks about DPT from a sounder.

I thought I'd ask here as I'm waiting for a response from Navman (+17
hours from me in the NE USA).

Chuck Tribolet July 30th 05 12:40 AM

I thought I'd ask here as I'm waiting for a response from Navman (+17
hours from me in the NE USA).

And it's Friday. They're in the Pubs, or chasing the sheep, or whatever
Kiwis
do on Friday night. Certainly not answering business e-mail. Good for
them. ;-)

Chuck Tribolet